“Not worth the price...There is a Hilton next door...”

Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park
Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Marietta, GA
“Not worth the price...There is a Hilton next door...”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I usually like quality inns. This one, not so much. Most rooms are exposed to the outside, but is not a deal breaker. The lobby needed a cleaning. Bad. There was flecks of a pillow fight all over the floor, and it smelled of stale cigarettes. The after hours window was strange. I can't come inside after midnight? They did let me i though. The elevator almost took out luggage, and it smelled too. The upper hallway (the only part with doors on the inside) smelled again. The room was actually mostly clean except the top cover that had something on it. If I wer hsekeeping, I would not put a top cover that had something visable on it. That's just gross. The remote control battery cover had been taped on, but fell of at every touch. The room was $74, and the Hilton was$120. Big difference, but next time, I will pass this one up.

Room Tip: To to the Hilton next door
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank catsspoon
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Oh no! I'm so very sorry for the problems you encountered. Our hotel is newly renovated and we've made many wonderful improvements. I do hope you give us another chance to give you a better impression!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
MidWest
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Hallways smelly and carpets nasty. Unsavory characters roaming halls all hours of the night.
Window with double glass completely "fogged" in between panels and unable to see outside. Please see picture.

Breakfast a joke! Watched as attendant heated day old potatoes and day old sausage patties in microwave and put out for guests. Then she prepared fresh product and put on top of old. By "prepared" I mean she microwaved multiple plates of sausage and multiple plates of frozen potatoes on the SAME styrofoam plates then dumping them into the warming dish! Microwaving these plates has been determined a cancer risk when they begin to melt---which these did!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank naivevictim
I am so sorry that you had such an experience. We have made many many many changes and I sincerely hope you give us another chance on your next visit to Durham, NC.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here for one night. It was fairly clean and sort of quiet. I missed the free breakfast. No frills, but no problems either. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne S
Thank you for choosing us in 2011. We hope to see you this year!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 17, 2011

not much to say here. if you are interviewing at duke, the shuttle service is a hassle. they say only 5 mins away, but you also have to take into account the time for the shuttle to get to the hotel, for the shuttle to drop off other people, and it requires you to wait multiple times in a day. inconvenient. but the hotel is standard. nothing much to complain about here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in 2011. We still offer great rates for guests interviewing at Duke. If you visit our area again, look us up!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We arrived about 3 in the morning and had no issue checking in and taking the elevator to our third floor room. We got two queen beds instead of the king that I requested, but we were too tired to complain, especially after seeing that the rooms are nicely maintained and comfortable, The pooch seemed relaxed there, too. If I have any complaint it is the parking and its relationship to the entry. There is only entry to the elevator to one side. I had to park on the back side and it's quite a walk to the front.

This hotel is a bit old, but very well taken care of.

Room Tip: There's only one elevator. First floor is best.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank snurd3
Thank you for choosing us in 2011. We still offer pet friendly rooms. Look us up on your next visit to Durham!
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband travels for business and I go along to see different cities and enjoy the ammenities of the hotel. This specific Quality Inn is very nice. The staff was kind and very accommodating. The pool was clean, the grounds were kept, and the rooms were huge. We stayed in one of the suites with our dog and found the extra space was exactly what the three of us needed for a week's stay. Breakfast was typical.
Speaking of breakfast....the reason I could not give this hotel a rating of five was because every morning (I went down at different times) food was not replaced, staff seemed to congregate in the breakfast area fixing themselves coffee, eating the food, and telling stories from the night before. They were very loud and this is not the way I like to start my day. I could not even get to the area to fix my own coffee for the staff.
Overall I really liked this hotel and if ever in the Durham area we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Use aaa and book online through Choice.com
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank LisaA1970
Thank you for choosing us in 2011. We hope to see you in 2014!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed 3 nights for a family reunion. The good: was able to check in 1 1/2 hrs early. Located by many restuarants and fast food joints.
The bad: Toilet was broke. Flys in room. Hotel was not clean, except for lobby. Small rooms, would not suggest more than 4 people to a room. Slow service on items like towels or toilet paper. Ice machine and vending machines were in a locked room, which your door key would open. Ac unit in room only had one setting, due to broken knob. Continental breakfast was ok, but shut down real quick. Advertise a managers reception on Tuesday and Thursday with snacks, beer and wine. Was there on a Thursday and it never happened. Could go on. This hotel is basically a cheap motel, advertised as a Quality Inn.

Room Tip: You get what u pay for!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 19familytraveler2011
I am so sorry that your visit with us gave you such a negative experience. We have recently renovated and work hard to offer the best stay with reasonable rates for visitors to Durham, NC. I hope you look us up on your next visit to Durham to allow us to give you a better experience.