$107
HIExpress.com
$83
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

$129
Hampton.com
$96
$99
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$63
$107
Homewood
$89
La Quinta
$129
$116
Priceline
All reviewscarolina theatrethe concierge loungefront deskcorner roomvalet servicehotel is centrally locatedwalking distanceconference centerlobby barroom serviceearly checksouthern hospitalitychecking outlocation was perfectduke universityone night staybusiness trip
Reviewed September 8, 2017

On the plus side - was given an upgrade without asking to a corner room - room was spacious and comfortable, receptionist was very helpful. Hotel is centrally located and most of the places you'd want to visit in Durham are easily walkable. There is a charge for parking (valet only) but on weekends parking is free on the streets and we lucked out in the lot across the street. Less good: lobby was unattractive and looked like a conference center, not in keeping with mid-century vibe of downtown. Housekeeping started knocking on doors at 9 am and woke a number of people up on the hall - we were checking out that morning, surely there could be a better system to know whether someone has left. Noticed an $8.60 extra charge on our credit card, turns out we were charged for the two bottles of water in the room that were not labelled as such - that's super annoying and when I phoned learned I need to phone again during business hours to request a refund. There are better choices in Durham.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank JAN222
Michael M, General Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear JAN22,

It is always great to be able to share feedback from our guests with our staff to help educate them where we are succeeding and where we can improve. I am glad you were able to enjoy you upgrade to our corner room with out evening having to ask. The location of our property is ideal for all of our guests as it is walking distance to pretty much everything downtown has to offer. You information will shared regarding your Housekeeping issue and bottle water charges. We will make sure that we do not repeat the same issues. My staff and I hope to host you again the next time you are in the area. Thank you again and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

See August 12 review. Lack of a desk is not comfortable. Barn doors on bathroom is just icky. Many windows clouded over. 8th floor has heavy mildewed odor. Aside from that, staff made the experience much better, real southern hospitality.

The bed is comfy and I liked the USB connection at the bedside.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacqui I
Christina O, Front Office Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Good Evening Jacqui,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your experience at the Durham Marriott City Center. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the room amenities. This information will be passed on to the appropriate management team. Thank you for staying with us and have a fantastic day.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Every staff member were amazing. The front desk were so helpful. The rooms were large. The M club was well stocked. The location was perfect to go to duke or unc. The breakfast was good but not special.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Dear Stendoc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your wonderful experience here with us Durham Marriott City Center! The staff is going be extremely excited to hear about your experience with us, especially about the staff themselves. We truly hope that you will allow us to show you another exceptional experience with us the next time you are in Durham area! Thank you again and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

First off, the Marriott hotel chain is my favorite, so I only submit these comments as constructive and hope to encourage change within the system. My lasting impression of most hotels are the quality of the bed and the functionality of the room. The good news is that the bed will meet most expectations.

The bad news is the rest of the hotel room is not up to par with Marriott standards. Let's start with the bathrooms. In this hotel, they replaced the doors with GLASS barn doors. There is a HUGE gap between the door frame and the barn door; and every personal action that you take is also broadcast to anybody else in the room. No need to wonder here folks. Trust me...it's uncomfortable if you have guests in the room.

Next, there is a convention center in this hotel. So, what is attracted to convention centers? Right, BUSINESS TRAVELERS. Guess what? These rooms have no desks! You have to work on a credenza that can barely fit a laptop; and you do this while sitting on some kind of stool or suitcase stand. That's right, no desks and no rolling chair for you to work from.

Then there are the windows. Well, there are these cloudy panes of something that are in the spot where you would expect a window. They are so clouded over that you can barely see through them. So if you're expecting to revel in the glow of the downtown lights and see the folks in the square below, you can do that by simply doing one thing - LEAVE THE ROOM AND GO OUTSIDE. Other than that, the windows are fine.

I hate trolling on my favorite hotel chain, but sometimes you have to elicit shock in order to provoke a response. I love you Marriott...I just hate the design of the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank L C
Michael M, General Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Dear L C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay here with us. Although it was not a satisfying stay, we use this information and share it with the appropriate management to make sure we address any areas we can. I am truly sorry you were not able to enjoy the newly remolded rooms and can see why being a business traveler. Again, I will make sure to share your feedback with the correct team so they know how our loyal Marriott guests feel about the design. Thank you again for your time and I truly hope that we get another opportunity to host you in the future. Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Located centrally with easy walking distance to various restaurants, bars and shops. The rooms were well appointed, clean and well maintained. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant and a lobby bar that is open late. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear DeborahFL,

We are truly happy to hear about your wonderful experience here with us at Durham Marriott City Center! Our central downtown location does make it extremely easy for our guests to be able to walk everything Durham has to offer including the wonderful restaurants and even the Durham Bulls Ballpark. I can assure you I will share your comments with my team and they take great pride in delivering exceptional service to our guest. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Durham Area. Thank you again and have a fantastic day!