$107
$87
$129
$159
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$108
Hilton.com
$63
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $70/night.

$85
La Quinta
$129
GardenInn.com
All reviewscarolina theatrethe concierge loungefront deskcorner roomvalet servicehotel is centrally locatedwalking distanceconference centerlobby barroom serviceearly checksouthern hospitalitychecking outlocation was perfectduke universityone night staybusiness trip
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our recent stay in room 506 was poor. As soon as we walked in the door, the strong smell of smoke knocked me for a loop! Nasty smell! I immediately went to the maid that was just around the corner and asked what could be done. She sprayed some odor neutralizer, but it was only a temporary fix. I then reported it to the front desk and asked for another room. They were all booked up and could not provide an alternative.

I wanted to make sure that this report was noted as the room sign said, 'If one smokes in this non-smoking room, a $250 cleaning service was be charged'. The next morning I checked the front desk and repeated our dissatisfaction and nothing was offered to us. Rather poor customer service!

Rich & Nancy Blakemore

Room Tip: Room 506 smells of smoke!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Wendy_Jeffries, General Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Ms. Blakemore,
Thank you for staying with us and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Our goal hear at the Durham Marriot is to make sure our guest leaves satisfied and comes back to see us. But we didn’t attain our promise this time and I would like you to please contact me at 919-768-6011 so I can take care of your concern, thank you very much.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I travel to Raliegh Durham often for work and have stayed at this property several times over the past two years. My last stay was the final one.....to begin with my reservation for a Club Floor room was not honored due to the fact they had "upgrade" others, mind you I had a confirmed reservation and am a Platnium guest. The room I was assigned too the AC was faulty, the bathoom floor was dirty, and the carpet and drapes stained. They had no other room avaialbe so could not change rooms. Needless to say this was not the typical stay for a full service Marriott, and I won't be coming back to it given the fact their are so many other better hotels in the area. This property needs a complete make over and new managment team for sure! Beware !

Room Tip: Won't be coming back ever again thats for sure and warning others!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MEProfenno

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. It was very disturbed to know that we couldn’t accommodate your requests. You are our best guest, and I would like you to come back and give us another opportunity. Please call me direct at 919-768-6011 for your next trip and I will show you Durham Marriott at its best.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a typical Marriott - good size rooms, comfortable, efficient service, convenient location etc. The staff, however, made my 4-night stay rather different from the typical large chain experience. Every member of staff I encountered was genuinely friendly without being overbearing. Their approach and attitude made it a pleasure to stay here which is the reason I've given the hotel a rating of excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EJF212
Wendy_Jeffries, General Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and giving us great comments that our staff will love to hear. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel and we will continue to do our best to serve all your needs. See you soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Moving to Durham so stayed here while we house hunted. Wanted someplace downtown to experience the city for the first time/first hand and had a great time. Lobby is large, nicely appointed, courteous staff, has a waterfall, lots of natural light and is attached to the Durham Convention Center.

Parking was a little odd but it worked and was free. Surface lot across from the hotel that your room key got you in/out of. Just a 2 minute walk from the hotel's entrance so it was fine.

Rooms were clean, good sized and nicely appointed but nothing really stood out. They were having multiple weddings that weekend so while the lobby was always jumping the floors were thankfully quiet throughout the night. That's not always the case when functions are happening in a hotel of this size so we were relieved.

Didn't eat at the hotel restaurant or try room service opting instead for the local places:
Bull City Burger and Brewery and Dos Perros. Both were great. Prices were reasonable and service was good with a nice, friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

some local things we didn't get to try but wish we had:
Wed and Sat. farmer's market that is just a few blocks away
food trucks congregate in an area just a few blocks away weekly - just ask the concierge exactly when and where but the food we were told is excellent and a hidden gem of the rapid redevelopment of Durham.

We did try:
Nantucket Bar and Grill
Herons (Cary, NC)
Mellow Mushroom down at the Tobacco Factory area by the Bull Durham Stadium.

Only real negative was the lack of a traditional gift shop that for a property of its size seemed odd. They had a small room with snacks but that was it. Our room did have a refrigerator and every floor had a soda and ice machine. Sodas, I think, were $1.50 which I thought was very fair.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel in this great city Durham where you can do many exciting things. We also appreciate your comments on different restaurants you experienced that will help future Durham visitors. I apologize for the small gift shop but will try to stock at our best. Thank you so much again and see you soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

It's a good 10 minute walk to Durham Performing Arts. club lounge was awesome! I have never seen a very hearty spaghetti served in a club lounge! it was nice! The whole front office and bell service staff were very helpful! always answered my questions with a smile.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and giving us great comments that our staff will love to hear. We will continue to do our best to serve all your needs. See you soon!