“Very pleased with all aspects of this hotel.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Orange Park, Florida
“Very pleased with all aspects of this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

We were in Durham for the Alabama/Duke football game. We booked two rooms for family which included two small children. The small ones enjoyed the pool(s), sandy play area with the bouncy riding toys and climber; the adults had the spa, sauna, pool(s) and lounged in the shade or sun. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed with everything needed to stay one night or many. The staff works hard and are very courteous.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
DTGSDurham, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased that it was enjoyable for the whole family. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed here for one night to visit Duke. The hotel is great, the grounds are charming, the room was clean, the cookies were wonderful (I even purchased extra). We swam in the extra-cool indoor/outdoor pool and availed ourselves of the paddle boats on the small lake. Attentive staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
DTGSDurham, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed the recreational facilities as they make a hotel stay even more fun. Please let us if we can make future reservations for you as we like to see returning guests.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed one night at the Doubletree in order to retrieve a child from an academic camp at Duke University. I had acquired enough Hilton Honors points for a complementary stay. I read the previous reviews, and was concerned about noise. Not only was there not an "event" to create noise, but the staff had very considerately arranged for me to have an upper floor room. I did not expect a "lake view", as I was using HHONORS points and getting the room for free. I had a lovely room with a beautiful view of the lake, and the sunset that evening over the lake. While there were guests in the pool, dining on the patio, and some youngsters in the paddle boats on the lake, I was never disturbed by them. And I never heard any noise from my neighbors.
I was greeted cheerfully and warmly at the desk. The room was clean and the air conditioning system was quiet and very effective (I like a cold room!). The bed was very comfy and though I cannot vouch for the comfort of the sleeper sofa, I can vouch for the fact that as a sofa it was very comfy (I spent a fair amount of the evening on the sofa knitting). I also loved the high ceilings, which gave the rooms a spacious feel often not found in this price range.
While I was alone for the trip, I will acknowledge that I often travel with my teenage girls, and if they had been there the hair dryer that can be used in any room, the very large and spacious vanity, and the two TVs would be quite accommodating for us.
My only disappointment was that while there are cabinets/drawers in the kitchen area, they are not real . . . just facades, so there were no utensils, plates, etc. But the overall experience was so great, I will just bring my own next time!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
DTGSDurham, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Cornelius, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

We were recently in Cary for the team tennis championships. We chose this hotel because it had a tennis court to practice on before the matches. The hotel was easy to find, clean and affordable. Our suite was very spacious. Breakfast was included in our rate and it was a very good buffet with both hot and cold items. We didn't use the pool, but walked by it to play tennis, and it was very clean. The hotel overlooks a small lake/pond with a nice walking path around it as well as paddle boat rentals for $5. I would definitely stay at this hotel if we were in the area again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
DTGSDurham, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
The Management Team wants to thank you for staying at the Doubletree Guest Suites and for your kind comments. We are proud of the hotel facilities: two-room suites, tennis court, lake with paddle boats, volleyball court, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, walking trails, fitness gym, sauna and whirlpool. We're so glad you enjoyed them. We hope you'll come back again in the future.
Babylon, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

The morning of check in I called the hotel to confirm my reservation. I was advised the lake view I requested was not available, but the room type was, a suite with two beds. Upon arrival at 7PM, my sister and I checked in. When arriving at our room, it was a boardroom ajoining a bedroom containing one king bed. I called the front dest and was told the room I requested was not available and I was "upgraded" to an executive suite. We were moved to what we were told was the only other available room, a suite with a sitting room, but the bedroom still only had one bed. The pull out sofa was too uncomfortable to sleep on. Aside from the bedding discrepancy, the room service was efficient and the server friendly, the bed and pillows were comfortable. The hotel decor was also very nice, and it was easy to find.

• Stayed July 2010
Thank you for your correspondence with us regarding your room type. We're very sorry for the misunderstanding. While the type of suite you received is typically considered an upgrade, we should have asked more questions regarding your needs to ensure this type of suite would be appropriate. We hope you'll give us the opportunity in the future to show you we care and satisfy your exact needs.
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

I am very particular at trying to get the lowest prices for my travel when I do plan staying overnight (which I don't do much with my little ones) and with much headache, hassle and 3 days into just "looking" and finding just the "right" price and location, we decided on this hotel. We went with the breakfast included rate. And boy, I sure am glad I did and would highly recommend you get the breakfast rate!! You get the choice of the hot AND cold buffet. Which included a lot of different varieties, sausage links, bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, potatoes (was differently cooked for both days), cereal, muffins, you could make your own waffles which were huge!, yogurt, fresh fruit, dried fruit, a variety of juices, milk...etc First time I tried the biscuits with gravy and they were awesome! (still thinking about them! lol) The price to buy just the breakfast alone is a little pricey and you have the option for either hot or cold so I would included it in your hotel rate. So for the 5 of us for both days was under $6! And the restaurant staff was very nice!
We stayed there for 2 nights with our 3 youngsters. The hotel is hard to find. We went past it and had to stop and ask for directions and turn around. It didn't have the name of the street on the light pole. So definitely look for the big blue ribbon on the left. My husband thought the warm cookies were the best! He is not a fan of oatmeal and nuts but definitely enjoyed these! And they gave you 2 upon arrival. Check in went fairly quickly. And the room was definitely suitable for our family. I did however bring my own pack and play for the baby but they do give you the option of having one. The room was well decorated and had lots of room to move. The beds were VERY comfortable and the pillows were down feathered. Which they gave you plenty of! Sofa bed is a typical sofa bed, squeaky and not so comfortable. Bathroom had Neutrogena samples and was average size. I liked that they had a tub and my husband enjoyed the endless hot water. It was nice to close off the rooms while they watched tv and the rooms were pretty dark. We were able to access the pool which was indoor/outdoor. It could have used a net to get the flowers that were falling from the trees outside. Pool was 3ft-5ft. So good for the kids to walk around. They also had a shower available before you got in the swimming pool which were in both bathrooms.
Things we weren't able to access were the shuttle (which goes up to 7 miles radius), tennis courts, library, restaurant (except for breakfast only), Hot Sauna which looked tempting to use and the weight room. Seemed to have fairly new equipment, free weights, treadmills, a weight scale, tv...etc Hot tub was in okay condition although I didn't use it, my husband did. It also had a couple playground things by the pool for the little ones to play on.
Front desk was very helpful and courtesy. We brought along our own directions from map quest to where we were heading to and they told of us a shorter and better way to get there. There is also alot of shopping centers and restaurants to go to the exit before it which was where we went for dinner. The lake at the back of the hotel was absolutely beautiful.
The only thing I liked least about the hotel was that in our room, the carpet was not new. It felt sticky and uncomfortable under my feet. I wished I had brought my own slippers. And the hall way noise was okay, we could hear kids screaming down the hall at 10:30pm. As for the room insulation, was fairly good. I did hear voices coming from the room next to us but not too bad. There was also a graduation and wedding party going on while we were there but you couldn't even tell. Room also included a video game system, I believe Nintendo 64 but you had to pay for that and the internet was free in the lobby but not in the rooms but are available. Great hotel for the price of the money! We are definitely looking forward to going there again! And I'm glad it's part of a reward program for free nights.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DS146
DTGSDurham, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
We want to thank you for your review and praise of the Doubletree Guest Suites in Durham. We strive hard to meet the customer's needs and requests. Your kind comments will be passed on to the employees as they appreciate "pat on the backs". We look forward to the next time you and your family join us at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Durham.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

Having given a hotel a bad review for being located in a business park, it was a pleasant surprise to stay at the DoubleTree RTP and find a really good quality business hotel. RTP is just a gigantic business park after all. This hotel is very very good. The staff are genuinely helpful, from the courtesy van drivers (the definition of
courtesy) to the desk and wait staff. The restaurant, which I would normally avoid in a hotel, offered good food, well presented, at a reasonable price. The rooms, all suites, are spacious, well equipped and recently refurbished. Even if you paid the Internet rate and not the rate that large local employers negotiate, the prices are great too. I will have to visit RTP several more times and I will not be staying anywhere else. This is the best hotel experience I have had on business travel for a long time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
DTGSDurham, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, June 7, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Doubletree Guest Suites. We understand with business travel it can be stressful, so we were happy to hear that your experience was a pleasant one. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Carol Wright