“Nice hide away”

Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Raleigh, United States
“Nice hide away”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

It was just off of the highway, a hidden treasure. We were able to access Raleigh and Durham with relative ease. The restaurant was reasonable and convenient, although the service was a little slow. I would definitely recommend this establishment to friends and family travelling in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Frankfort, Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I needed somewhere to stay for our daughter's baby shower. We are seasoned travelers, but not to the Triangle, because we used to live there. We found the Doubletree to be just what we needed - close to our daughter's home in Durham and freeway close to our friends in Raleigh.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Received great service! However, one could hear what was going on the neighboring rooms, which is more of a structural problem with the construction. The temperature controls in the room were out of whack, and it was hard to get comfortable. Also, the smell of cigarette smoke started blowing in through the vents one night!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on your stay here with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the service you recieved, and I apologize for your issues with the climate controls and the smoke. We are a 100% non smoking hotel. This includes balconies as well. We will always do everything we can to prevent smoking in our facility.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The room was nice and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The size of the bedroom was was very large as well as the size of the bathroom. The breakfast was a buffet style however, I requested a cooked to order omelet and received one in a few minutes. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Durham, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The DoubleTree Durham is an excellent hotel. The staff was exceptional from my first night to the last. The room was spacious and provide a haven for relaxation after a long day in the office. The bar/restaurant was the perfect ending to the day as I was able to have a drink and exceptional meal in a relaxed environment. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers coming through the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

madison al, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went to Durham to visit family and choose the Double Tree in part for the bed and breakfast offer. We enjoyed the staff at check in and throughout our two night stay. Location was fine. The room was clean and comfortable. I wish it had a solid door between the sitting room and the bedroom. So the I could relax while the kids watched their movie. Enjoyed the pool. As we were leaving before the 10 pm closing (to early the interior pool in not near rooms) an employee rudely rushed some other people out of the pool area. Our first breakfast was close to uneatable. All the food I tried was not heated to at temperature that I felt safe eating. I was very disappointed. The second breakfast was slightly better food was warm but the same selection as the day before. Overall an OK place to rest your head for the night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay here with us recently. I apologize for the food quality issues you experienced. I will certainly share your comments with the kitchen staff and will take steps to prevent them in the future.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Wow! That pretty much covers it all! Very comfortable beds! Clean, beautifully decorated and very well kept rooms. I've never felt more comfortable at a hotel and oh boy do I have to stay at quite a few while on business! Great, no EXCELLENT place to stay! If all Hiltons are like this...I'm not staying anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business