DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
creedmoor, United States
“stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

nice hVery otel. Staff friendly and cookies were Great The parking are needs improvement . continental breakfast would have been a great added feature. Complimentary coffee would have also been nice.Still our stay was nice. Too few channels for tv watching

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Pa
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel. They are working hard to redecorate, the suites are expansive and comfortable, and the staff well-trained and responsive to guests' needs. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and RTP facilities. But there are some serious glitches that need to be resolved to go to the next level.

When serving a buffet breakfast, it is imperative to keep the food in stock. Guests should not have to wait for 20 minutes to have food replaced once the first batch runs out. Most people are there on business and don't have time for a leisurely breakfast. The man in front of me in line took the last of the eggs, and I saw no more being brought out for the rest of the time I was in the room. Never got any myself, which was a disappointment.

The rooms are nicely appointed, but the walls are thin. I could very clearly hear the conversations in the room next door, and I didn't get the impression that the volume of the talking was high.

On a much more serious note, Hot water was a hit or miss thing in the room while I stayed there. Sometimes we had it, sometimes we didn't. I consider hot water to be table stakes at a hotel, and I'm not likely to think very kindly about a place that can't guarantee it early in the morning.

Bottom line- nice rooms, good location, nice staff, but they sent me off hungry and without a shower in the morning. Not a great start to the day. They can do better than that, particularly with the quality of the staff they have (who took a rating of 2 to a rating of 3 for me, but it was a close call).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marc B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here. I am glad that yu found the staff attentive to your needs, and I apologize for our shortcomings in the restaurant. Please be assured that I have shared them with the staff and they will be used as a basis for improvement. I hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again in the future.
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I travel a lot professionally and this hotel is a great value for the price. The property is in excellent shape, as you can tell it's been recently updated. It's also as convenient as you can get to RTP.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The staff is very helpful, the food is good and there is nothing better than a 10 minutes ride to the airport. The only problem with this hotel (and they cannot do anything about it) is the shuttle from the airport that only runs every 30 minutes and take about 25 minutes to get to the hotel, besides that I recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marc B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I am glad to here that you found the staff helpful and the food enjoyable. We will certainly look forward to having you again in the future.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed here for a week on business. Yes the hotel is going thru a renovation but I couldnt hear a peep! I cant wait to see what it looks like when it's done! The staff is superb the true meaning of southern hospitality. The restaurant staff remembered that i like yougurt with their homemade granola and no fruit and brought it to me every morning in my meeting room. The valet staff and front desk staff were awesome as well suggesting fun things do to and places to eat! I got to stay in one of the renovated suites overlooking the lake it was beautiful! Wish it would have been a little warmer out though!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the DoubleTree Suites here in Durham. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and that kind of personal attention is a goal of ours here on a daily basis. I hope to see you again in the future.
Jackson, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel was clean, well-maintained and the staff was courteous during my stay. There are repairs taking place in certain areas, but I was not disturbed by the noise. The gym was also clean and the equipment was nice but average. The 6th floors was for Hilton Honors guests and that is the part I liked most--very quiet and spacious suite!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Marc B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and that the staff was very accommodating. We certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for years. It used to be nice and homey. The breakfast buffet is really good but the staff may leave you disappointed. The bar/restaurant area was nice and cozy but now has an institutional feel. Happy hours/ beer specials are long gone so expect to pay about $30 for a frozen hamburger and a couple of beers. The complimentary coffee in the lobby is now gone which is a shame, since that was such a great convenience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Marc B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you very much fro taking the time to review your stay with us. I hope I was able to address some of your concerns via email yesterday. Rest assured that these remarks have been shared with the staff and used as a basis for improvement. Thank you and I hope to see you again.