“Troubling Event”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Unfortunately a fire alarms went off around 3:45 am on 1\17\14. The residents had to evacuate the hotel. We were able to return however no information was given as to the reason the event occured. The local fire department responded and left. I was staying at your property because I had a meeting on the morning of 1\17\14. I would suggest the staff would be advised to inform the guest the reason for the evacuation, needless to say I resume my sleep

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marc B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. The fire was inadvertent and the result of a faulty smoke detector which has been replaced. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great Hotel, Great Room and price. Need to fix one thing the pull out bed mattress in the living room it's a little nasty. I would recommend this hotel to my relatives, friends and work. If you want a pleasant stay and excellent service stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay here recently. I am glad we were able to meet your needs and I hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and it was fine. But this time we stayed for several days and it was one thing after another that went wrong. Internet access was a secret code you had to contact the front desk to obtain, Curtains didn't stay together at night, toilet paper holder kept falling off, noisy guests right next door kept us up all night. Food prices were outrageous, $9.00 for a yogurt with granola and a coffee. We choose the Hilton Brand because they are supposed to be top of the mark and worth the money, but this stay was over the top with problems and bad issues and very expensive to boot.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marc B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize theat we fell short of your expectations. I would love to know what room number you stayed in so that we can fix the room issues. Feel free to contact me if you would like at 919-361-4660.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is GREAT hotel. From the time we walked in until the time we left. The room was excellent. No noise at all. I will be staying at DoubleTree again. The breakfast buffet was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any need that we had. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I am very glad that our staff was accomodating and that we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel is located close to RDU which made it perfect for meeting family and having a weekend visit. They are currently remodeling and the carpet in the rooms was brand new which was very nice. My only two complaints were the cribs they used and the lack of sound proofing. I couldn't here exact conversations but I heard giggling and muffled chatter from the upstairs room and the hallway noise was very loud and echoed. The cribs reminded me of orphanage cribs it was small and unsafe and if I had known I would have brought my own pack n' play.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. Your feedback regarding the cribs is definitley something we will review and try to come up with some better options.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I visited for a trip to work with peers that manifested itself as 14 ish hour work days bringing me home and 3am ish every morning. I was really frusterated whn construction woke me up between 8 and 9 every single morning. I love that the renovation is happening and would love to see what it looks like on my next trip but it killed me on this trip. Also, the heater in my room didn't work. Based on previous experience that would be completely okay. However, during the polar vortex cold snap, it was kind of an inconvenience. I'm sure in another 6 months this would be a place I'd like to stay. Newly rennovated and about 3 miles closer to work than the Garden Inn I usually stay at. I really liked my room and could see staying there for an extended trip. But if I had another trip in the next couple of months I would probably stay at the Garden Inn instead.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We have had some challenges with regards to noise during rennovation. Fortunately it should be all wrapped up in less than a month. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The décor selection had a lot to be desired, but acceptable. The worse problems were extremely noisy sink plumbing and broken vending machines on every floor. If you're a diamond member, don't expect anything other than the ordinary.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marc B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that the issues with the plumbing and the vending machines are being looked into and I am confident that we will be able to resolve them.