“Top notch in the Triangle”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just a great experience all around - very nice hotel and staff. Close to the airport and I-40 which made it easy to get around. The room was tremendous - clean and a very large suite with lots of room for work and rest. Nice pool and tennis courts plus a great walking path to help unwind at the end of the day. Staff was awesome too: Star (front desk) and Kevin (at the bar) were very friendly and personable and made us feel right at home. Wouldn't hesitate one bit to stay here when in the area again!

Room Tip: The second floor has a few rooms with an outside patio. Odd numbered rooms overlook the small lake o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

We are thrilled to receive your review of your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional guest service and happy that this was your experience. We have recognized Star and Kevin in particular. We too look forward to your return when back in Raleigh-Durham!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My first time in Raleigh-Durham certainly won't be my last! And I know where I'm staying next time as well.

Staff receives an A++!

From the moment you arrive, you're greeted with a warm smile and a fresh, warm chocolate chip cookie. Believe me, I was the best meal I had all morning!

Check-in was fast and the staff extremely professional.

There was some construction (remodeling/maintenance) occurring, but you hardly knew it was happening. And, they weren't working at 6 a.m. like some other places I've stayed.

The room was elegant, spacious, and very clean. Top-notch toiletries in the bathroom and plenty of towels. The coffee maker brewed great coffee, and you can brew two cups at a time. Great for couples or the single person who needs a cup now and one ready to go.

Don't feel like going out for dinner? I recommend the pizza at the bar. Yes, I know, not a healthy choice, but it was the best personal pizza I've ever eaten at a small bar. The drinks were also well made and presented.

Great outdoor pool and fitness center.

I felt as though I was at a resort rather than a hotel.

Side note: I left a few items in my room safe, and I didn't realize it until I returned. I called the hotel the next day, and they shipped the items next day air on my account.

Highly recommend this hotel for its Southern Hospitality and comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. It is good to know that you will be back to stay with us again! We will have a warm chocolate cookie waiting for you.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Beautiful setting and friendly staff. It was like a vacation though I was there on business. The food was delicious and the rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. The lake behind the hotel offered a nice oasis for relaxing.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are large and the bedding is wonderful! This is by far the best value for your money. If you are traveling with kids/teen, there is a heated indoor/outdoor pool, playground, tennis courts basketball court (they provide the sports equipment), and running trail. All of this is overlooking a small lake (which has a paddle boat).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of all of our wonderful outdoor amenities, as well as our beautiful lake and running trail. You will have to try the sand volleyball court on your next visit! Our Doubletree Suite Dream beds are the best. We have a nice comfortable bed awaiting your next visit!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Tremendously impressed by the staff at this location. Thanks Debbie, Sarah and Maria for their outstanding customer services. In addition to the great staff, the accommodations were superb with attention to my needs. I am looking forward to returning and will definitely be staying at this location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for such a positive review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your review with the Doubletree team and we will see you the next time you are in Raleigh/Durham.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms are all suite type rooms with a living area with desk, couch, chair end table and lamp, separated from the bedroom. The beds were very comfortable and the couch pulls out to make a bed. There are linens in the room for the couch bed. There is a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator in each room along with a bar sink. The office desk is conveniently located to do work or just as a place to hold items until needed. The rooms were also quiet, we heard very few sounds outside.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are super happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Durham. Please visit us again--we will have a warm cookie waiting for you!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had another great experience at this hotel. As the other reviewers indicated, great customer service, at both check in and check out. The rooms are HUGE in that there is a separate living room and dining room (separated by patio doors), with a microwave, fridge, and sink.

The rooms are clean and the beds are quite comfortable. I was on the second floor and had a room with a balcony (the balconies are HUGE). However, it was dirty with bird waste all over, tree twigs, etc. Some maintenance and cleaning should be done on the balcony by housekeeping (or whomever) as it detracts from the quality of the room. However, the suite and bathroom was clean.

My only "gripe" is that despite asking for a late checkout upon check in (which was eagerly granted by the desk staff), housekeeping kept knocking on my door (beginning around 9:30am). I thought that by ignoring them, they would go away, but they would try to enter (thank goodness the additional locks, etc. were in place). You would think that after the first time, they would wait and confirm with the front desk whether I had check out....but no, he tried THREE times to enter the room before I checked out. What is the point of sleeping in, only to have housekeeping keep knocking and trying to enter the room.

Despite my experience with housekeeping, it is a great room. I would return again if I coudl secure another great rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback. We are so happy that you had ANOTHER great experience at our beautiful hotel! I have passed on your comments regarding the housekeeping issues and can assure you that this will be resolved. Hopefully we can get you another great rate and host you again soon!