“Great beds, staff and facilities”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Maitland
“Great beds, staff and facilities”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very comfortable, probably the best bed/pillows I've experienced at a hotel. Clean and modernized with a very friendly staff and delicious food. Good sized fitness center and a clean, large indoor pool and jacuzzi tub. Definitely the place to stay near RTP; it's a 2 minute drive. I've stayed here 3 times for a week each visit and have only had good experiences.

Room Tip: Higher floors looking over the pond give you a pretty morning view of the sunrise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My fiance and I were looking for a place to hold our wedding and our out of town family that was budget friendly but would still give us wonderful memories of our special day. The Double Tree by Hilton in Raleigh was an excellent choice. Their catering department gave us the best customer service and took care of practicall everything!
We started out planning our reception in the "Harvest Grill" for a discounted food/beverage minimum because we had an intimate number of people and had to have a certain wedding date. Each time a bigger and better reception hall became available, catering contacted us to offer us even more options. We ended up having our reception in a beautiful ball room on the same date for the same cost.
We wanted a nighttime candle lite ceremony. They provided dim overhead lighting, soft purple background lighting, floating candle centerpieces (which was so wonderful not to have to worry about draining and returning rentals), all the linens including drapery by the sweetheart table, a stage, a dance floor and good food. The sales associate, Natasha, was easy to get ahold of whenever I needed her and offered referrals for anything else I needed.
At the end of the night the hotel provided a suite for my husband with a huge soft bed and a complimentary meal in our room, which was probably our favorite part after such a long day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your wedding here... we hope you will come back every year to celebrate your special day with us. Best Wishes!
Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had business in downtown Raleigh and know that hotel choice there are slim. So, when I got the Doubletree RTP advertisement in my email that said they meet government rates, I was interested. Having lived in Durham a while back, I knew the impressive Doubletree reputation. However, they mentioned federal govt. rates which are much higher than state govt. rates, so I figured they would laugh if I asked. But I asked anyway, and they met the state rates! And they didn't put me next to the elevator or ice machine.

The front desk staff was very friendly, and the warm cookie was appreciated. In fact, all of the staff was very friendly.

The suite was huge, with a separate seating/bar area for entertaining. The king bed was very comfortable with a view of the pond and walking track. The heat worked a bit too well, so I ended up turning it off even though it was very cold outside. The hot water was instant on. There was a microwave, refrigerator, and a 2 cup, Woflgang Puck coffee maker in the room. The only problem was that one side of the coffee maker didn't work. No big deal. They charge for wireless internet, but I had a coupon to get it free. The breakfast buffet is expensive, but I had a coupon, so it wasn't too bad. There is a Waffle House nearby if you don't want to spend that much. There is an indoor pool, hot tub, and outdoor pool (seasonal), and workout room. I ran on the treadmill since it was raining out. It was better than average, but not great. It had TVs mounted to the treadmills, which put them far too close for clear viewing. There were dumbells, medicine balls, and other cardio machines.

I gave it an Excellent rating on value because they honored state govt rates. If I had to pay full price, I doubt I would stay here, but if they will honor state govt. rates, I will definitely stay here whenever on business in the Raleigh/Durham area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms next to the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do at times have the State Rate available--- please call in advance and we will accomodate you if we have availability. All the best!
Riverton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in Dec '12 for 1 night and got a last minute rm. Our suite was spacious, clean and newly appointed and very comfortable. We had a late dinner snack downstairs in the bar/restaurant and were not impressed with the menu selections or the food. We would definitely stay here again, but would not dine in house again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback-- I am glad you enjoyed the Doubletree. I am sorry you were not pleased with out restaurant-- we will be undergoing complete renovations with a new restaurant and menu over the next six months-- I hope you will come back and visit us again!
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I definitely enjoy staying there with my family and friends. Great service, clean, and helpful staff! Rooms are great with plenty of space for company to visit and the view of the lake is so beautiful. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and we will have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!
Hempstead, NY
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I just left Embassy Suites in Cary due to service concerns. I picked this hotel on a whim through Hotwire. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Aside from the lack of extra staffing that most 4+ star hotels have, this hotel rivals any 4 star hotel that I've ever been to. The spaciousness of the room is superb. The all granite surfaces in the kitchen, bath, dressing areas, etc. Gives it a clean look and feeling. The staff is politecand friendly and the opportunities for entertainment (playgroung for kids, bike rentals, trails, restaurant, etc.) are great.

I'd stay here again in a hearybeat.

• Stayed January 2013
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feed back. It is good to know that you enjoyed our large suites and granite counter tops. As you know the Doubletree Durham is an all Suite property and do not forget we will have a warm chocolate chip cookie awaiting your next arrival.
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I frequent the Durham area due to having a disable child that has to go to Duke quite frequently and on occasion have to stay overnight such as this trip. Let me tell you if you would like a quiet but yet convenient location with friendly and professional staff Doubletree is where it is! Everyone was very nice and it was a delight to come in after a very long day of testing and doctors to a smiling face. Good customer service is sometimes hard to find but look no futher because they have mastered it. KUDOS to a job well done and thanks for your hospitality

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The staff was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that they made your visit a memorable experience while you were our guest. Thank you again, we hope to see you in the near future.