“Modern Design with Upgraded Fixtures. Clean Rooms, Great Service and Entertainment.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Hempstead, NY
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I just left Embassy Suites in Cary due to service concerns. I picked this hotel on a whim through Hotwire. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Aside from the lack of extra staffing that most 4+ star hotels have, this hotel rivals any 4 star hotel that I've ever been to. The spaciousness of the room is superb. The all granite surfaces in the kitchen, bath, dressing areas, etc. Gives it a clean look and feeling. The staff is politecand friendly and the opportunities for entertainment (playgroung for kids, bike rentals, trails, restaurant, etc.) are great.

I'd stay here again in a hearybeat.

• Stayed January 2013
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feed back. It is good to know that you enjoyed our large suites and granite counter tops. As you know the Doubletree Durham is an all Suite property and do not forget we will have a warm chocolate chip cookie awaiting your next arrival.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I frequent the Durham area due to having a disable child that has to go to Duke quite frequently and on occasion have to stay overnight such as this trip. Let me tell you if you would like a quiet but yet convenient location with friendly and professional staff Doubletree is where it is! Everyone was very nice and it was a delight to come in after a very long day of testing and doctors to a smiling face. Good customer service is sometimes hard to find but look no futher because they have mastered it. KUDOS to a job well done and thanks for your hospitality

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The staff was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that they made your visit a memorable experience while you were our guest. Thank you again, we hope to see you in the near future.
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree while passing thought Raleigh over the Dec holidays. As it was in a business park setting, the lack of business travelers made for a quiet stay. However, there were many restaurants only a quick drive away.
The rooms were very clean and as you'd expect from a Doubletree suites, the suite was large with the two rooms and flatscreens in each room.
We didn't really use any services in the hotel.
I gave it an average rating as it met all my expectations, but didn't really exceed any, but would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steve7515
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were spotless. My family and I enjoyed having the 2 flatscreen tvs. I like that we could close off the bedroom from the living room. My only complaint about the rooms is that there should really be a stove.

I gave service a 3 because the one morning I had breakfast in the restaurant, the blond waitress looked annoyed and snappy. I should have given it a 1 but there was one housekeeper that really made my wife's day. She was going back to the room with our daughter who was crying. The housekeeper (Joyce I think her name was. Or was it Joy?) was walking down the hall. She told our daughter she was too pretty to be crying and when she caught her eyeing her headband she took it off and gave it to her (a butterfly one made of metal and rhinestones). Later my wife said she was in the mall and saw that it was close to a $20 headband. She found the housekeeper the next day and tried to pay her for it but she refused. I should have told the manager about our experience but we had to leave in a rush. Joyce was one of the happiest housekeepers I've ever encountered. She must like her job.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank joshuarussell
I am so glad that Joy made a positive difference during your stay with us. I recognized Joy for the service that she provided to you and your family. I do hope your family will stay with us again in the near future.
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I spent the holidays visiting my son in Durham, NC. We stayed at the Doubletree and let me tell you it was awesome. We have traveled throughout the world and have stayed at many hotels (some of them five star) and I am here to tell you that the folks at Doubletree are some of the nicest most professional people we have met. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The food was excellent. The staff went that extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. This is our new hotel when we stay in NC to visit our son. Great job Doubletree!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to share your review with the staff here at the Doubletree Suites. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel staff was attentive from the time we checked in until the time we checked out. We extended our stay by a day only to come back to the room and have a tin of cookies and lollipops waiting for our family. Margaret and staff signed the card and it made a huge impression on my children. Thank you for the courtesy you extended over the pre-Christmas weekend. The hotel is super convenient to South Point Mall which was our weekend shopping destination. The rooms are very large suites. They are planning on doing some renovations this coming year but even without them we were very pleased with our room, the location and the staff. We will definitely stay here again when returning to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree. Also, it is very good to hear that you enjoyed our warm chocolate chip cookies. The Doubletree cookie is our way of welcoming you to our hotel and we hope that it made you feel at home while you were our guest. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is located in a business park area and we stayed as a family over thanksgiving and took advantage of their great rates. My kids thought it was a very cool hotel and loved the indoor/outdoor pool area (the pools are connected and although the outdoor pool was closed they are looking forward to returning in the summer so they can swim from one to another). We stayed in a suite with two double beds, having that extra room really helped us as a family of four. The lake view was very pretty and the grounds including basketball and tennis courts were very attractive.

As opposed to other Hilton properties you don’t automatically get a free breakfast but with my Hilton Honors status my husband and I received free continental breakfast and the very nice staff at the restaurant let our kids eat for free off the hot buffet. This is a huge cost saver for us so finding hotels with free breakfast is always important. The lobby area was very nice and we were always welcomed with fruit infused ice water.

We plan on returning here next time we visit our family in the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future.