DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Huge rooms! Great to have a refrigerator and kitchen area.
Free wi-fi in the lobby is a great perk.
Had a little trouble finding the hotel, since street signs are difficult to see.
Overall, an excellent stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Stuart M. Doring

Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was a wonderful hotel. Great hospitality and I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: The rooms were spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your kind works. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon!

Stuart M. Doring

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I typically love DoubleTree hotels but this one just fell short.

The building is old...and you can tell. Decor and furniture are up to DoubleTree standards, but the building just has an old, cheap, poorly face-lifted feel to it. The walls are very thin, as well as the ceilings and floors. I heard people walking, rustling and talking all night. The thermostat on the wall of the room is extremely primitive and hard to keep a constant comfortable temperature. My toilet would randomly gargle (LOUDLY) from the toilet bowl itself every few hours. When I called room service, they did not answer (not just once, but a few times in a row) and guest services had to tell them to call me. My food took over 30 minutes and all I ordered was soup and salad. The waiter had to return to my room twice after bringing my food so I could complete the credit card transaction to pay for my meal (when calling, I asked if I should give them my card info then so they could just bring the slip up for me to sign and they said no), which was frustrating because all I wanted to do was have my meal and relax in peace and privacy. In the end, the food was not that tasty.

Pros: The hotel was clean, beds comfortable (although my bed throw was pilling and had fuzz all over it) and the rooms were a very nice size and layout. Kitchenette, living room with flat-screen, separate bedroom with flat-screen. The staff is friendly and nice and the airport shuttle was very punctual.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so you don't have to worry about hearing the people above you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SomnioAmo
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

I want to thank you for your comments as we utilize them for hotel improvements. I will certainly pass them on to our owners. Hotel renovations will be taking place over the next year and should eliminate most of the physical issues you incurred. We hope you'll join us again in the future and your stay will be more enjoyable.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree on a Business trip, and for that the rates seemed very reasonable. Rooms are very big split into one section with the bedroom (two double beds), TV and large bathroom, and another section with sink, fridge, coffee maker, desk, sofa, armchair,TV etc. Room was very clean and reception friendly. There is a lake outside and a pool that is half inside and half outside. The Shuttle bus will take you to nearby locations such as offices in nearby Research Triangle Park (RTP) and the Southpoint Mall which has a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants, and you can phone the hotel to ask them to send the shuttle to pick you up again. Wifi is available but there is a daily fee. Large bar had a range of beers and restaurant seemd OK.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WelwynTraveller
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We love hearing from our guests. We also hope you'll return again and enjoy all the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham has to offer. Stuart Doring, General Manager.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree Suites. While it's an older property is it updated and well taken care of.

Check-in was handled quickly and efficiently and i was quickly on my way to my suite on the 5th floor. The hallways and elevators were updated and very pleasant.

The suite continued this trend with newer carpet, a super comfy bed and two huge flatscreens provided. The fridge and micro were nice and both worked flawlessly, HD programming was provided on the quality flat screens.

The bathroom was nice but the water pressure was terrible and the sink did have a nasty crack along the entire length of it. Not a big deal but both issues should probably be addressed. High speed internet is not free either which in my opinion is being a bit petty. I used the connection on my phone for internet so not that big of a deal.

All said a solid property where you'll have a ton of room to spread out and a comfortable bed to lay your head on for the night.

Completely satisfied and totally recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank michtraveler1969
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham. We like hearing from our guests as your feedback is important to continue offering great hotel facilities and amenities. I hope you'll visit us again in the future. Stuart Doring, General Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I spent one night here for business in RTP - I used to live in Durham so I know the area well. The hotel was nice and quiet, my room was incredibly spacious, and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was a bit pricey, but that's to be expected for business hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham. We hope you'll continue staying with us in the future anytime you are in the area. Stuart Doring, General Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I came with my family to see Raleigh and wanted to stay in a hotel that was close to everything and I was pleasantly surprised that everything was top notch. The staff was amazing and the room was beautiful and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again. Thank you,

Room Tip: Definitely recommend the room was spacious and accommodated us in every aspect.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family