DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Great hotel”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stay here frequently when in area. Nice big rooms, great staff... good value.

Only negative (to me) is it's a bit out of the way - I have to drive a bit to get to nice restaurants (their onsite one is good but nice to get out).

Otherwise - this is a very good hotel and one of my first sites I check for availability when coming to town.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank FisherNC
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I wanted to thank you for your comments. We love to hear that you choose to stay at our hotel when visiting this area. On your next visit, please feel free to use our complimentary transportation to the Streets at Southpoint mall. It is only one exit away and offers lots of great dining options if you want to get out of the hotel. Thanks again for choosing the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham!

Stuart M. Doring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Let me begin with I never write a review, only because it takes time, but I feel compelled to share my experience while coordinating a business meeting at the Double Tree Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham. For two consecutive weeks, my company held business meetings at this location and there was not one complaint from any of our participants. I only heard praises about the staff, the conference room accommodations and most of all the food. I must compliment the entire staff. I worked directly with the Director of Catering (Amy) and I must say she is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure to work with and there have been many. Amy displayed flexibility to the many changes to our original plan and never was there a breakdown in the service she provided. I strongly recommend anyone having a business meeting or event to consider the Double Tree in Durham. A fantastic place to hold an event!
Thanks to the entire staff for making our meeting a great success!
SYT

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thanks so much for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel. We are thankful to have such experienced and professional team members at our property and I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were lovely and very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. In addition, the hotel is very conveniently situated near several major highways. We would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

cambridge, uk
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past, and know that it has been refurbished since last time I stayed here. Whilst the beds are very comfortable, I found the 'banging' from the plumbing in the bathroom an irritation, it waking me several times through the night. I did raise this with the staff on reception, thinking it was localised to my room, but from talking with other guests on different floors, they were also finding it a problem. I was also somewhat suprised that there was no free internet access in the guestrooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank domestic_goddess68
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We have addressed the plumbing problems and hope it has been corrected. I believe our company is leaning towards offering complimentary high speed internet access in the future. However currently, it is complimentary in the lobby as well as the business center to all guests. We hope you'll return to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham in the future.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My family had an excellent time at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the staff was super friendly. Plus they gave us a cookie when we checked in. The suite that we had was composed of two rooms and a bath room. The bed room had twin beds and a LCD TV. Then the living room had a TV with a writing desk, sofa, chairs, microwave, and refrigerator. My only complaint is no free internet and small trash cans.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed our suite with two double beds and the cookie at check-in. We appreciate your comments on the areas that need improvement and we will definitely review these items. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This was my first stay at this property and I will be back. It is ideal for business travelers to RTP and well worth the few extra miles to get there. Check in was speedy and efficient (and no fake gushing enthusiasm from the front desk staff!). My room was large, quiet, and spotless. The desk chair is excellent, as is the WiFi (no faltering signals, no need to walk around the room to find a good connection).

Although I was there for business, the accommodations looked as if they would be good for families, too.

I go to RTP at least 10 times a year and have stayed and most of the hotels in the area. This is going to be my first choice from now on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that the hotel met your expectations and that you will return to stay with us in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My family had a wedding and reherrsal dinner at the hotel. Everything was perfect. The food at both events was delicious. The service was great. The hotel was clean. Pool and ammenities helped us to enjoy the down time that we had. Perfect setting for a wedding. The lakeside ceremony was so special. Many beautiful photo opportunities. I have been to many weddings and this hotel had it all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
We love weddings! Thank you so much for your comments; we appreciate it when our guests write about us. As you mentioned, the garden/lakeside area does offer many great photo opportunities. We hope you'll come back again and visit us.