This motel is fine for a one night's stay, but I wouldn't go for more than that. I felt like I had stepped back in time to a true "motor inn". However, I must admit the beds are wonderful! It might be the best hotel/motel bed I've ever had. I did, however, feel like I always needed to wear my shoes - even with my PJs on. I would not recommend this place to a single woman - I wasn't traveling alone and really didn't feel that safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 110 room, award-winning Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Inn is located in Raleigh-Durham just beside the I 85 over-pass and is 1.5 miles from Duke University, Duke University Medical Center, and VA Hospital with complimentary shuttle service to all. Every room comes with microwave, refrigerator, premium continental breakfast, 72 channels plus Showtime, data port (most have complimentary high speed internet access and there is free wireless in the lobby), iron and ironing board, coffeemaker and free newspaper. Outdoor Seasonal Pool is open June-September. Deluxe rooms offer additionally: 27" TV, Sealy Posturpedic Royal Trilogy mattress, complimentary high speed internet access (upon request), hairdryer, and brand new furnishings. Our goal is to provide you conveniently located, comfortable lodging at a value price. We are convinced that, should you compare us, you will not find a better value on I-85. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carolina Duke Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Hotel Durham
- Americas Best Value Inn Durham