This was the worst hotel ever. We got in at 2 am and there were people in the parking lot, talking etc. and let me just say they were up to no good. There was only enough toliet paper to use 2 times, and there was no refil. After wakeing up and giveing my young child a shower I went to dry her hair before going to the hosp. and the dryer did not work. I called the office, and the lady siad I am sorry I do not know what to do. I told her my child was on her way to get chemo , and it was cold and she didnt need to go out with yet hair, the lady siad I do not know what to tell you, ma'am. When we returned from the hosp, as soon as we came into the room, I noticed that one of the 2 beds had been made up, just one, still NO TOLIET PAPER AND NO TOWELS!!! My mother called down to the front and asked if one of the housekeepers could please bring some, since there carts were still out, they were up stairs. The owner, siad no I can not afford to hire someone to come and deliver things you only paid 44 dollars a night, she siad that we would have to pay a deposit for another hair dryer that didnt even work in the first place. We were told that the person who we made the reservation with should have never told us that it came with a hair dryer. She did not say sorry no nothing, she had no compassion and was very rude. My husband then went uo to the front to ask for a refund that we were going somewere else, we were told no that it was to late and handed some towels and toliet paper, it was told to my husband that he would never find a room as cheap as this was my hubby said your right, I would never find one quite like this......... When we woke up, we checked out and went across the street to the Holiday Inn Express, it was wonderful, and so clean. They were so nice, and the food was great to wake up to. Never stay at Duke INN it looks like a crack, hooker hotel you would see on tv.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 110 room, award-winning Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Inn is located in Raleigh-Durham just beside the I 85 over-pass and is 1.5 miles from Duke University, Duke University Medical Center, and VA Hospital with complimentary shuttle service to all. Every room comes with microwave, refrigerator, premium continental breakfast, 72 channels plus Showtime, data port (most have complimentary high speed internet access and there is free wireless in the lobby), iron and ironing board, coffeemaker and free newspaper. Outdoor Seasonal Pool is open June-September. Deluxe rooms offer additionally: 27" TV, Sealy Posturpedic Royal Trilogy mattress, complimentary high speed internet access (upon request), hairdryer, and brand new furnishings. Our goal is to provide you conveniently located, comfortable lodging at a value price. We are convinced that, should you compare us, you will not find a better value on I-85. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Carolina Duke Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Hotel Durham
- Americas Best Value Inn Durham