“This is A Great Spot for Sunday Brunch!”
Review of Watts Grocery

Watts Grocery
Reserve with OpenTable
Watts Grocery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Club Blvd
Durham, North Carolina
“This is A Great Spot for Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We met a group of friends there around 1:30 one Sunday and, after a short wait, were seated at a table near the back.

Everyone at our table ordered something different and everything looked wonderful.

I had reservations about ordering the Shrimp and Grits because it just didn't -sound- like it would be good together, but a couple of friends recommended it. I was wrong! They were right! It was delicious! The grits were creamy and flavorful, the shrimp were tasty, and I really enjoyed the bacon and mushrooms in the mix. A couple of us also shared an order of churros with the chocolate dipping sauce. Yum!

Although it was busy, we had excellent service from the staff.

I'm definitely going back again for Sunday Brunch, and now I'm curious about their dinner menu.

I'm a fan!

• Visited November 2013

Durham, North Carolina
“Great meal and service”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Eight of us arrived at Watts Grocery, 2 children a father in a wheel chair and three women. We were seated comfortably for all, and immediately made to feel at home. The waitress was wonderful with the children, wine recommendations and menu explanations. The meals were served quickly and were wonderful. We were provided take-home boxes and left very happy, full and sure to come back.

• Visited October 2013
Bahama, NC
“Fresh & Innovative Spot”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Watts Grocery uses only in-season fresh ingredients. The menu is always interesting and changes based on season. Check out the hospitable bartenders, who really get to know what you like and make great apropos recommendations. This restaurant is one of the top 3 in Durham.

Visited October 2013
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Wonderful food and terrific service!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We are moving to the area and I ate at Watts Grocery twice for lunch last week. Once because of the TripAdvisor reviews and then again because my Mom drove down from Richmond, VA for the day and I knew she would love it.
When we pulled up we noticed people eating outside with their dog at the table. As we are moving and in a state of "flux" my dogs are with me all the time. I popped in and asked if our dogs (who are very well behaved!) could sit outside as well and the gentleman at the front said, "Certainly!"
Our waitress Marcella (sp?) could not have been sweeter or more helpful and it was a wonderful experience.
The food is not to be outdone by their hospitality! My Mom had the buttermilk fried chicken salad- just perfect- and I got the pimento cheese sandwich for the dogs (Mom and I tasted as well) and the Watts Grocery Cobb salad- and they replaced ham for the fried shrimp.
This will be a regular stop for us when we get moved- with or without the dogs!!

Visited October 2013
Hillsborough, NC
“Always Great”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of our favorites in a area full of worthy restaurants. Never a bad meal, always a nice, if busy vibe. But at least you can carry on a conversation and at my age that's a good thing.

Visited September 2013