“Service is great, food is just good”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tripps Restaurant

Tripps Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Muncie, Indiana
“Service is great, food is just good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

There are many in the area that rave about tripps. I found it to be acceptable fair on par with chain restaurants like cheese cake factory, Applebee's and fridays. Lunch is def better and cheaper than dinner with a larger selection

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Emjai1920

Grafton, Massachusetts
“We had a nice meal at Tripps”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were visiting relatives in Durham, and stopped by Tripps as it was across the parking lot from our hotel. First a comment, they take their basketball seriously on Tobacco Row. I was wearing a sweatshirt of the 2011 National Champions; we were seated as far back in the restaurant without cooking our own food. This ultimately was our good fortune, as we had the most wonderful service, Tony. He was very attentive, converted our free appetizer that we didn't want into a dessert, and was really a very nice guy to chat with.

The food was good, we enjoyed our meal, but Tony made our night. Ask for him when you visit.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank RedSoxNation1
Springfield, Missouri
“Less than average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just across the street from my hotel, and that was about the only good thing. Bartender was very slow and it wasn't busy. Beers were 1/3 head. Had the blackened tuna, which must have been blackened someplace else and microwaved here. I didn't even know tuna could be tough. Firecracker shrimp tasted like fried breading soaked in soy sauce. Basically just not good.

Oak Ridge, TN
“Worst service I've ever, inedible salad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went to Tripp's because it was in walking distance of my hotel. It is attractive from the outside, and the parking lot at 6:30PM was pretty full. I was seated immediately, and then had to wait almost 10 minutes for a server to show up.m By that time I was ready to order. I had to correct the server about my drink order, and it was not delivered as ordered in spite of that, The Caesar salad with salmon I ordered arrived eventually, and was completely tasteless. The salmon had no hint of fish flavor, much less salmon. The salad dressing also had no hint of any Caesar salad flavors. I put the salad at the edge of the table, and waited for the server to come back. She did, after 15 minutes. During that time, someone who later turned out to be the manager walked by twice. The server also walked by 3 times, without making eye contact. I was not charged for the my drink and bread, but even free, they were not worth going to Tripp's.

• Visited March 2012
Charleston, WV
“good food; good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

We went to Tripps because it is located across the street from the Hampton Inn, where we arrived tired and hungry. We were quickly greeted and seated, where a server immediately took our drink orders. We presented a coupon for a free appetizer we had received from the Hampton Inn. My husband loved the firecracker shrimp, a large serving of shrimp over seasoned rice. He also had a shrimp entree, which he also enjoyed. I had a generous chef's salad, which came with the turkey omitted, as I had requested. Our shared hot fudge cake ended the meal, which was most reasonably priced. Our check was delayed a little because the computers were down, but it was delivered fairly soon, with appropriate apologies.

• Visited March 2012