“Worst waiter ever”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #279 of 782 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Amazing how a bad waiter ruins dinner with friends. Had to get up 5 times to ask manager for help - serve water, bring bread, refil water, etc.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our lunch, as always, the service and meal was perfect. We have had many meals here over the years and consistency is a guarantee, they are great.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wish it were open for lunch during the week, I'd eat there every week. Most people think it's purely Italian, but they have the best steak sandwitch in town. You can get a side of healthy veggies as well. I'm fond of the little tomatoes with cucumbers and a light Italian dressing, but they have potatoes or the house vegetable if you wish.
I think that the veal or chicken marsala or picatta are the best I've ever had and I've eaten Italian in little Italy in NY, San Francisco, Chicago etc. so I know what good Italian tastes like. The prices are much less than most Italian restaurants and even less than some mainly pizza places. Salads are great and included as well as a side of pasta. If I had a complaint, it would be that it can get noisy if full, that's about it! Try it, you won't be sorry. Bob Ross

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were up for Italian. This place was only a few miles from our Hotel. Our hotel key had a coupon offering 10% off and that was all it took, as we have eaten at Carrabba's before and knew what to expect.

Dinner was served by James B. our waiter, who despite us being the ONLY folks occupying a table for 4 outside (and on such a beautiful evening, those dining inside were nuts). He as attentive and polished things off with a comp Ice-Cream with candle for Madison (my daughter celebrating her 11-th birthday).

Things to note: Bread was good and replenished w/out us having to ask.

The Quarter-bottle of Pian D Nova Super Tuscan was very good ($15)

Wife had the Steak Sandwich w/ Ciabatta and side of garlic mashed potatos, Son had the Chicken on ciabatta. My little birthday girl had the cheese pizza off the kids menu (yeah, I know, a cheese pizza???)

I opted for the bowl of lentil soup (special of the day) and a side of spinach/goat cheese flatbread cooked to perfection in their wood oven.

We had a very peaceful and ''Italian style" meal right in the middle of Durham. Though I was in Tuscany.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went to Carrabba's for my birthday dinner. Our server was great but the food - not so much.
We ordered an appetizer platter and they happily substituted zucchini fritte for the bruschetta but the calamari were horribly over salted - inedible. The restaurant owner/manager was quite accommodating and brought us a new batch - much better. The soup and salad courses were fine but both of our entrees were overly salted again! My chicken parmesan was overcooked and the lasagne looked less like a nice piece cut out of the pan and more like the dregs they scraped together from the bottom of the pan and put sauce and cheese on to cover up it's shape. The seafood canneloni was also oversalted.

Been to Carrabba's Italian Grill? Share your experiences!