“fresh pasta, green staff”
Review of Piazza Italia

Piazza Italia
Ranked #330 of 771 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morgan Imports
Atlanta, Georgia
“fresh pasta, green staff”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Trip Advisor needs a Good category between Average and Very Good for this place. The pasta, made on the premises, is on display in the back. We had good luck with that and the seafood. The wines on the list aren't necessarily available. The staff, the majority of whom are college students, are eager but not knowledgable. You will need patience even if the dining room isn't full.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Amy J

High Point, North Carolina
“Just Not Great”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had lunch at Piazza Italia when our daughter had a visit to Duke University. I had the pizza and it just wasn't very good. My wife had the bruschetta and didn't like it much either. The service was good and friendly. I think this place might be more of a preference and it just wasn't our type. In fairness, we did not have any pasta or their main courses, maybe those might be better? Overall, its not a place we'll be returning.

• Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Good pasta”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We visited with our girls midweek. The place was empty so we expected more attentive service which we did not get. The food was very good. Try the Alfredo pesto sauce or the chicken Marsala.

• Visited July 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Friend and I enjoyed one of the lunch specials of risotto and vegetables. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was delicious.

Visited June 2014
Liberty, Missouri, United States
“Good food, more reasonably priced than I expected”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I walked in here on a Friday eve during a visit to Duke, and was pleasantly surprised in a couple ways. First, there was no wait at all. This restaurant is in the BrightLeaf Square area near Duke East Campus, and I just assumed it would be fairly crowded on a Fri evening around 7:00p-ish. Well the whole BrightLeaf Square area didn't seem very crowded, and this place wasn't really crowded at all. We were seated right way, and opted for an outdoor table. Second, the food was really good. I had grilled tuna steak on a bed of noodles with spinach....quite good. My son had some kind of make-your-own pasta, which he said was good. I expected the prices to be a bit higher, given location in the BrightLeaf Square, but I was pleased to see that the two of us ate for around $40 total. Good place; I'd go again.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Piazza Italia? Share your experiences!