“Okay Italian Food”

Good for: Families with children
Durham, North Carolina
“Okay Italian Food”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had dinner here with my wife, my daughter and her family last Friday evening. I had the Lasagna (as did my wife), my daughter and her husband both had the pasta in vodka sauce and the children had spaghetti. The food here is good, but not great. The portions are large so a go box is usually required. The service is fast and friendly. The wine list has some nice offerings, good chiantis and syrahs. It would only take a little effort to put this restaurant into a higher rating category. But, overall, it's good food for a good price. We keep going back.

• Visited February 2013

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Lots of Food, Above Average Flavor”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner last weekend. However, I would suggest splitting a dish as the portions are super large! I think it's above average Italian for this area.

United States
“Skip this one”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had an OK experience years ago at the Cary restaurant - nothing special so never returned. The Durham experience was worse and we will definitely not return. This is very average, oversalted Italian food. Fish was not fresh and inedible (and no-one noticed when it was not eaten). Service was slow, orders were wrong and not brought together. All in all a disappointment and we suggest eating somewhere else.

• Visited December 2012
Durham, NC
“Heavenly deep dish pizza”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Bocci is one of my favorite restaurants in Durham. I've gotten many different things off the menu and have never been disappointed (stromboli, salad, seafood, pasta, etc). The best by far (in my opinion) is their chicago deep dish pizza. It's seriously heavenly! A big treat when you have a craving for lots of cheese. Prices are affordable in a casual, relaxed atmosphere

• Visited November 2012
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

First let me say that they must have gotten the message about the bread because ours was very good crusty artisan style. They also keep oil and balsamic vinegar on the table for dipping which for me is a must. Their portion sizes are very large. I had the stromboli and my wife had pasta with meat sauce. Both were excellent and we brought home enough for dinner the next night. The good news is they were having a "half price sale" on wine bottles under $30. We brought half a bottle of wine home as well. All of this, tax and tip, for under $40. Great value for a great meal. We will deffinately return next time we are in town.

• Visited November 2012