“Bretzel me some DELICIOUSNESS!!!!”
Review of Guglhupf Cafe

Guglhupf Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Guglhupf Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hope Valley Road
NY
“Bretzel me some DELICIOUSNESS!!!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2009

OK. So I've been in Durham for a couple weeks and have finally had my eyes opened and my taste buds sent into euphoria at the first nibble of a Guglhupf Bretzel. The rolls, bretzels, breads, fruit torte and chocolate danish have all been delectable. This was only my first visit but certainly won't be my last.
I'll be stocking up on more stuff tomorrow AM and it seems as though the restaurant right next to the bakery is very busy. Locals know all about this place and frequent it with delight.
I look forward to my next stop and next bite of a delicious bretzel roll...and I think I'll try a Berliner tomorrow!

2 Thank Aliveguy

Sanford, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We found our favorite restaurant in Durham!”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We met friends at the Guglhupf for dinner over the weekend and it is a real find. It gets it's name from the bakery that is at the front of the establishment. The dramatic entrance to the restaurant is on the side, down a few broad steps to the patio and fountain. Very attractive and architecturally pleasing dining on two levels with patio dining available.
The service was attentive without being obtrusive. Nice wine list and a broad assortment of menu items. My short ribs were outstanding, quite lean, melt-in-your-mouth and far and away the best I've ever had. My partner felt the same way about her salmon--and she eats a lot of salmon. We both enjoyed the apple crostada served with cinnamon flavored ice cream.
It was a delightful evening.

1 Thank Sanford_NCSnowman
dana point, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fabulous and now open for dinner”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

This place is a real find. great coffee and homemade pastries and a lovely indoor/outdoor patio. They have just started serving dinner and I had the best short ribs of my life.

Durham, North Carolina
“Top notch German food. Big outdoor seating area.”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Top notch German food. Big outdoor seating area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great brundh and pretzel...”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Great brundh and pretzel rolls

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook