“Great lunch spot”
Review of Guglhupf Cafe

Guglhupf Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Guglhupf Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 785 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hope Valley Road
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped for lunch on our long drive back to home. Had a delightful time. Great sandwiches, very pleasant atmosphere, nice counter help. Best of all, their attached bakery was excellent. Had to purchase about six different confections for our drive home, and they were all good.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The March 7th's wine and dinner pairing was the best I've ever attended, partly because the portions were smaller and I was able to clean up each plate. I'm so happy about that. Never had duck prosciutto before or fresh sardines. Both were divine. The house made pasta was so extraordinary that I hope they include it on their regular menu. Leg of wild boar was a little dry but the lingonberry reduction made up for it. Dessert a little disappointing. My shot glass of chocolate mousseux with 3 candied hazelnut was watery. But I don't care! It was the first time in my many visits to Guglhupf that I was not wowed by the dessert. I'm sure I will be again and look forward to the April 11th wine/dinner pairing. Guglhupf is still my favorite restaurant in the Triangle area. Impeccable staff.

2  Thank nicole f
Reviewed March 17, 2013

They have the most unique decor for a restaurant that I have ever dined at. The food is also unique and healthier than most restaurants that we have eaten at. We have dined here several times and have purchased desserts from the bakery to go. The atmosphere is absolutely outstanding - everything just seems to click -the original artworks, Mother of Pearl chandeliers, Chinese ball lanterns and the metal sculptures make this place special. We have never been disappointed dining here.

3  Thank UnbiasedTruth
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I always stop at Guglhupf Cade when in Durham, especially if its a nice day out because I love their outdoor deck with a water feature. It pulls off making a classy place casual, so you can "come as you are". The adjoining bakery has a wide selection of pastries and bread worth a trip alone. I usually order a salad and save room for a h-u-ge cappuccino. Get in line to order and pay, then food is delivered to your table. Self serve on sodas, etc. Great find!

2  Thank ViewsAndReviews
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

For brunch you need to order at the counter. The girl who took the order had no idea about what customer service is. My wife order cappuccino assuming it will come with dessert , however, they poured it right away . When my wife said she wanted it with dessert , she was told that then they have to charge one more time as it was already made. Manager rectified the issue with no problem, but it spoiled the experience . The food was very good though , as usual .

1  Thank Michaelfe