“Amazing!”
Review of Guglhupf Cafe

Guglhupf Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Guglhupf Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 785 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hope Valley Road
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I had the most amazing meal at Guglhupf. We'd heard so much about this restaurant, and it lived up to all the buzz. Our dinners and dessert were all delicious. We'd absolutely recommend to others.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

First I must tell you Guglhupf is good. The decor is artsy, the outdoor space is pleasant. The food - fresh, organic leaning, good bread (there is a bakery on site). They serve the best pancakes I've ever eaten - and I make good ones myself.
But what is really striking about Guglhupf is the customer. It's a smart, well traveled bunch - you can hear it in the conversations...it also boasts a menu that is both sophisticated enough for food snobs and pedestrian enough for very young children. And folks exploit that fact. Most of the tables have young children - under 7. Many of the children are not well mannered. (I can say this - I have 2 of my own). So - it was noisy in the kid kind of way.
It's a good place to go if you need to please many different palates.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

nice selection of desserts, and the lunch items on the plates of others looked yummy. Bustling, popular place

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food is always great in an attractive space. Nice outdoor seating as well. Service is very good. This one is definitely worth a meal or two or three!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The cafe is a casual dining experience with some of the finest pastries in the southeast. There is indoor and outdoor seating available depending on the season, and a menu that is seasonal.