“Perfect visit!”
Review of Arrowhead Inn

Arrowhead Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Durham B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2013

What a great property outside the city of Durham. We came for the sole purpose of attending a football game at UNC and having really good breakfast. The mission was totally accomplished. The innkeepers were awesome, the food was incredible, and we will definitely be back for more sporting events, perhaps just for fun.
We stayed in the main house, but there were cottages as well, it looked like they brought breakfast out to them! In the main house they set tables for couples or people staying together to avoid "mandatory fun", which in some cases sparks even better conversations. Our only regret was not having the offered dinner service, it smelled AMAZING when we got back that night.
There's no other choice in the area, this place is great!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Arrowhead_Inn, Owner at Arrowhead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We hope to have you all as our guests again when you can try our dinner options as well: Phil’s Meal of the Moment or our five-course Tasting Dinner. Perhaps a UNC basketball game will present the perfect opportunity this winter!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Had a lovely stay in the cabin which had both a fireplace and a whirlpool. It was very spacious and had everything you could want. Lovely, generous breakfast. Really enjoyed talking with Gloria and Phil. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your kind comments. The Carolina Log Cabin (http://www.arrowheadinn.com/rooms/carolina-log-cabin.html) is a guest favorite and we were so pleased to meet you on your visit!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Arrowhead Inn for our wedding night, unfortunately we got in late and left early to get to the plane for our honeymoon. The breakfast in the morning was so amazing, but we couldn't stay long to enjoy it so we decided we would have to come back a year later.

For our first anniversary we spent two days in the garden cottage and it was wonderful. Breakfast in the morning was the absolute best I've had - a flavorful fruit cup with excellent strawberries, quiche stuck with a fresh and fragrant rosemary sprig, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and the best scones in existence. We actually had time to chat with the innkeepers this time and they are supremely pleasant people.

The only downside (I had to wrack my brain to find one) is that they are close to a somewhat busy road. It's not a problem at all when you're inside, but if you're strolling around their garden or chilling on the swing-sets you can hear the cars pass by when I'd have preferred it to be more silent.

All in all, Arrowhead Inn is a great experience, and I recommend it to all my friends who are looking for a peaceful getaway.

Room Tip: The cottage is nice and secluded from the rest of the rooms and they deliver breakfast to a table si...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We’re so pleased you came back for your first anniversary! As chef, I truly appreciate your detailed feedback regarding the breakfast and our renowned scones – music to my ears! So glad you enjoyed the private breakfast delivery. Despite the occasional noise from the nearby thoroughfare, we’re pleased it brought you here so quick and easily and look forward to future anniversary or special occasion visits! (http://www.arrowheadinn.com/packages-specials.html)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I chose the Arrowhead Inn to treat my guests from England for a weekend. I rented The Duke and the Brittain rooms for two nights. I also arranged for the three course dinner for the first night. The rooms were fantastic and the hospitality wonderful. My guests travel throughout Europe regularly and they were extremely pleased with the accommodations and touched by the hospitality shown by the inn keepers. Our dinner Friday night was lovely and my only regret is that I did not arrange for the five course tasting menu for us on Saturday night as well. The cooking is fantastic!

My extremely minor quibble is that the lovely antiques and other appointments in the Duke room made it difficultly to find functional table top space. And the closet was small and difficult to access. The TV could only be seen from the sitting room. The Brittain room was more spacious. However, both rooms were spotless and beautifully decorated to compliment the house. There were plenty of welcoming amenities in the rooms.

Since I had early plans each morning, the inn keepers were more then happy to make arrangements with me to pack my breakfast. My guests really enjoyed the delicious and attractively presented breakfast in the dining room.

I will definitely be visiting the Arrowhead Inn again.

Room Tip: Both rooms on the lower floor are easily accessible. The Duke room is more central to the Inn activ...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela R
Arrowhead_Inn, Owner at Arrowhead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

What a compliment from you and your English guests who no doubt are familiar with exquisite B&B hospitality! We appreciate your feedback about functional table-top space and are pleased your carry-out breakfast was helpful. Thank you immensely for choosing the Arrowhead Inn for your guests – we will be honored to have you back!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I were only able to stay one night and wish it could have been more. This is a real gem. We were surprised to get an upgrade which made the stay even better. The rooms are well appointed and very clean. We enjoyed some wonderful scones late in the afternoon; homemade by Phil. The breakfast was delicious. Phil is a very talented chef. He and Gloria make a great team. We would highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Arrowhead_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Arrowhead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2015

We are sorry you couldn't stay for longer, but glad that you made it in for a night! So good to hear you enjoyed your short time with us, and your breakfast. Thank you for this kind review, we would love to have you stay with us again sometime!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I were in Durham for our friends sons wedding. Staying at the Arrowhead was super. Phils cooking was superb and Glorias hospitality the best..We even met some very nice young people and a couple who were going to the same wedding. The Inn was a plantation and has lots of history,and there is a book in the great room that you should not miss.I can not say enough good things about our stay at the Arrowhead Inn.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the garden cottage. It has a private porch with table and chairs and a very comfor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your stay and for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the company at the inn. We hope that you will return to see us next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We only stayed one night. Wish it had been longer. Beautiful property with lovely gardens to explore. The room was perfect with every imaginable amenity.To make the stay complete, breakfast and dinner were fabulous gourmet treats, truly unusual in even the best B and B's.
And let's not forget the charming and hospitable innkeepers. Altogether, a magnificent getaway.And we didn't even have time to explore all the surrounding attractions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted to hear that your short stay with us was a relaxing getaway. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food so much as well. We hope you can make it back sometime for a longer stay!