“Bistro outdoor seating”

Alivia's Durham Bistro
Ranked #148 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: American-style bistro in the Brightleaf Square district, serving weekend brunch, lunch, dinner and late night. We have the best patio in Durham!
Durham, North Carolina
“Bistro outdoor seating”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Good food, nice urban atmosphere, a true street bistro

Visited June 2012

Bahama
“3 Dinners all duds”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I suggested we try out Alivia's for our Friday night supper club last Friday night. We each ordered a different entree and they all arrived cold to luke warm. I sent back my meal and by the time it came out everyone else had finished with their meals. My husband's pan fried ravioli was tough and swimming in liquid and luke warm and our friend's hanger steak was tough, the fries cold and his salad arrived after the entree was served.
The check came and I had not yet recieved my dessert (part of the price fix meal I ordered). The waiter brought my dessert along with our completed paid checks. We did discuss calling the manager over but decided it would not be worth our time. This resturant will not be a repeat for us.

• Visited June 2012
Inverness, Florida
“Poor food and Poor Service”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our friday night supper club tried Alivia's this past friday evening at one of our member's suggestion. I ordered a salad and hanger steak with fries. The other folks got their starters; the waiter never came back to check on us until the entree's arrived at which time my salad arrived simultaneously. The salad was pitiful! A handful of greens from a commericial bag. The fries were stone cold. One person had ordered the crab cake "burger". It was stone cold too ....which she sent back. The crab cake was mostly filler. another person had ordered a ravioli entree. The sauce was watery and tasteless. The waiter forgot that one person had ordered the prix fixe meal and didn't bring her dessert course until he brought the bill. Needless to say we won't be going back to this joint!

• Visited June 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Great atmosphere, so-so food”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I'd like to eat here more because the outdoor seating is so inviting. But the food hasn't impressed me. I've tried several times with different items each time, but it's only been 'eh'. Good place for apps and drinks with friends, but do the real dining elsewhere.

• Visited August 2011
Portland, Oregon
“The best thing about this place is the patio”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Alivia's is very hit or miss. Once I went and the food was great, next time not good at all. I ordered the risotto with grilled shrimp and when my food was brought to me, the shrimp was not grilled, but had been boiled. I asked for it to be grilled, since that is what I ordered and the waiter looked at me as if I were from Mars or something. (Grilled has much more flavor, duh!) They did take it back and grill the shrimp, but when I was served, it was with attitude. I think they are overpriced for dinner, but OK for brunch. The patio is nice. I would go there for drinks or brunch, but steer clear of them for dinner. Service is very spotty as well.

• Visited November 2011