“Great atmosphere, so-so food”
Review of Alivia's Durham Bistro - CLOSED

Alivia's Durham Bistro
Cuisines: American, Ethiopian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: American-style bistro in the Brightleaf Square district, serving weekend brunch, lunch, dinner and late night. We have the best patio in Durham!
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I'd like to eat here more because the outdoor seating is so inviting. But the food hasn't impressed me. I've tried several times with different items each time, but it's only been 'eh'. Good place for apps and drinks with friends, but do the real dining elsewhere.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Alivia's is very hit or miss. Once I went and the food was great, next time not good at all. I ordered the risotto with grilled shrimp and when my food was brought to me, the shrimp was not grilled, but had been boiled. I asked for it to be grilled, since that is what I ordered and the waiter looked at me as if I were from Mars or something. (Grilled has much more flavor, duh!) They did take it back and grill the shrimp, but when I was served, it was with attitude. I think they are overpriced for dinner, but OK for brunch. The patio is nice. I would go there for drinks or brunch, but steer clear of them for dinner. Service is very spotty as well.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Friendly bartenders and really nice on a 70 degree day

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Great local restaurant with a fun staff and clientele. Just right for the Durham vibe.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants for outdoor seating and people watching. Right in the middle of the Brightleaf area of Downtown Durham. From Duke students to locals, it has good food and drink with plenty of outdoor seating.