“Entertaining Dining Experience”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We decided to eat here during our one night stay in Durham because it was a short walk from our hotel... The restaurant is large, clean, and pretty much what you would expect if you have ever been in a Japanese steakhouse before... There are three seating areas: The Sushi bar, regular table dining, and Hibachi dining... We opted for Hibachi dining... I think who you get as your chef really makes or breaks your experience... Our chef, Tom, was hilarious, talented, and engaged the entire table during the meal... The next table over, however, had a chef that was barely talking at all... I felt bad for them, but our experience was superb, in both the food and entertaining chef... I highly recommend this restaurant when in Durham...

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first japanese bbq and i loved it. These cooks are magic. Try it and love it ! I absolutely enjoyed being there. The meat is great, the rice fresh and the show spectacular !

Reviewed March 22, 2014

For those who never encountered real Japanese food, this place may seem okay. I suggest that folk avoid the fake soup (just chicken soup with mushrooms -- NOT Japanese at all). Avoid the Salad (strange dressing that kills your taste buds -- not Japanese at all). Sushi is above average, that I admit. But other items, such has hibachi steak or chicken, are average or worse. The lump of brown rice served with the meal is mostly flavorless.

Please go elsewhere to savor Japanese cuisine.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our Chef was Cuoc!!! He was so entertaining and hilarious! And the food and service was incredible!!! We're going back...SOON!!!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Food was over cooked and no taste. I was expecting the Hibachi style shrimp and chicken. It looked like a Chicken Breast cut in pieces.