“Excellent Option in Durham”

Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Location across from Southpoint Mall and this new hotel with great service are pluses at this Hilton Garden. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to colleagues and family. Bar service, omelet preparers and friendly morning staff, at breakfast, make the start of the day a very pleasant experience. I only wish I had paid closer attention to the fact that I could have adjusted my mattress for more support. Overall, a great place to stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Start your day with a smile that just won't quit. the staff was very cordial and made sure you had everything you need for breakfast. This help jump start my day as I left the hotel with a smile. and started work the same way.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in a popular shopping area of Durham..fairly new and actually connected to a Ruth Chris steak house. The upscale Southpoint mall with its upscale shopping and dining options are within a three minute drive. There are also several options within walking distance for both food and retail heaven ... World market, Nordstom rack, a sporting goods store, an Ulta cosmetics store, Pier One, and many more!
I will say the rooms are nice clean and quiet.. The lobby area is bustling constantly with people and they offer nightly wine happy hr and food. I personally felt the dining lobby area was a tad bit claustrophobic .. At breakfast the morning of my departure I could not find a seat so I passed up what smelled like a good breakfast... Would I stay again

maybe... Did I think it was slightly over priced yes.. Good on an expense account definitely.. It is popular however so if you wish to stay there I advise definitely making a reservation far in advance!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you have reservations at the Sheraton RUN!!!! On first and only night at the Sheraton the room smelled of Lysol. They tried to say we wanted an outdated handicap room. Our stay at the Hilton was fabulous. The staff got us, our sons,wives and child moved quickly to our three rooms. The breakfast is well worth the 10.95.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were very pleased with our weekend getaway. It was quiet, cozy, and the hospitality was awesome. I really enjoyed room service. All food was cooked to perfection. The staff was awesome. Anything that we needed all we had to do was ask. Our house keeper was especially nice. She even asked what type of cleaning agents we would like to clean our room. I will recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially if you just need a relaxing quiet stay. This is the place for you. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here on business for a conference this past weekend, and what a pleasant stay it was. After arriving in Raleigh 2 hours late (thanks to the heavy rains from Andrea which made it difficult to land at RDU), arriving at the Hilton Garden Inn was wonderful. The Front Desk staff was very nice, very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable. A microwave & refrigerator made it great to pop some popcorn and store beverages. The hotel is located across from the Southpoint Mall and a shopping center in front of the hotel with stores like Nordstrom Rack, Babies R Us, World Market, McAlister's Deli, etc. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse next door, Chil's, P.F. Changs, Buffalo Wild Wings.........lots of places to eat. The hotel also has a grill inside and a full bar. Our company had breakfast & lunch provided by the grill, which was very good. The first night some friends and I had dinner at P.F. Chang's, then bought some wine at World Market and proceeded to have our own little party in the lobby. The hotel staff was very nice and assured us that we were not too loud or making nuisances of ourselves. We did have a very good time, no doubt about it. The conference room was very comfortable and everyone with the company enjoyed the hotel very much. The pool is a little small and there were a lot of families with small kids in the pool, and it was disappointing that there was no hot tub, but it wasn't a deal breaker. We enjoyed sitting outside and walking around the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Durham.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excellent service, very neat and clean, staff very helpful and informative. Lots of things to do in the surrounding area: Malls, shopping stores, Jordan Lake, plenty of places to go eat. The Mall is within walking distance as well as PF Changs and Buffalo Wild Brothers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business