“respite from Sandy”

Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed November 10, 2012

On our trip back to MD from a family event in NC, Hurricane Sandy intervened closing the Bay Bridge and preventing our return. Before leaving Charlotte we booked this hotel with Hilton Honors points for two nights, afraid that we might not be able to find a hotel available further north. I had lived near this area in the '80's but had not been back recently.At that time it was mostly undeveloped with a few residential areas. We were very surprised to find a great HGI in the middle of a new shopping/entertainment complex with plenty to do as we whiled away our time until we could get home. The Hotel was convenient, clean, quiet and staff were great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I were down a few weeks ago.
Hotel property is very nice and clean.
The hotel is located within minutes from some very nice restaurants and shopping.
I would definitely recommend this property to anyone that is looking for a a nice hotel at a great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Al G
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is well appointed and clean. I tried the room service, it was prompt and everything was in order. The menu is basic but has a good variety with offerings for kids as well. The wireless internet was acceptable, download speeds in the 200kbps range. Beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked, bathrooms were clean and fully stocked. If I had any complaint at all it would be that the air conditioner was slightly annoying in it's noise level.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eepjr24
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Absolutely nothing about which to complain.Awesome location, withing walking distance of about 10 restaurants.Great breakfast with exceptionally friendly personnel.Great channel selection on the TV and reasonable fast internet.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

First, the staff are what take this hotel from average to very good. I stay here several times a year for work and everyone, from front desk, to dining room to housekeeping, so friendly and helpful. Second, is the location. Across from the Southpoint Mall and in a shopping center with a variety of restaurants (all chains) and shopping.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My mother stayed at this hotel every time she had to take my dad to duke hospital. I have to say its amazing and super nice inside. I have to tell you how much the staff helped me out a while back but not to long ago my mom had to spend her birthday in the hotel while my dad was being treated the hotel went out of there way for me to go to the store get my mother a birthday cake and deliver it to her room with the dinner i told them to order on me that night plus they brought up a bottle of cider for them. Wonder staff

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for the birth of our first grandchild, I planned to stay for 3 weeks. The staff was very welcoming, the checkin staff extremely accommodating for a room size to fit my other kids when they came. Rollaway beds were easily provided for no extra fee. Free wifi, worked great. Complementary breakfast was huge, hot foods full breakfast served daily. The staff sent flowers balloons and a wristlets for the new mother,not my room. This is the place to stay in Durham! There is a huge amount of shopping in this plaza, along with drug store gas station restaurants. Close to airport, like 12 minute drive. Best of all was the staff from head housekeeper who personally congratulated me on becoming a grandmother, to the guy who delivered the beds. Front desk excellent.

Room Tip: Top floor away from ice machine , only because that is always my preference.