Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
$60
$89
$94
$88
All reviewschapel hillfull kitchenfront deskhome depotplace to stayfree dinnertwo bedroom suitelight dinnerlaundry roomice makerfresh fruitoutdoor poolstores and restaurantsshort stayextended staystaff was very friendly and helpfulfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge for just a week but it was a wonderful experience. The staff was super, the room was just right for our family of 3, the location was close to so many things, the pool was great for entertaining, the dinner was always good, the grills provided were clean, and the laundry rooms were neat and tidy!!! We now look for Staybridge Suites when we travel! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
StaybridgeDurham, Guest Relations at Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Rebecca H thank you for becoming part of the Staybridge Suites family! I will pass along your gracious comments to our housekeeping, kitchen and front desk staff. We are happy to hear we were able to make your stay not only comfortable but a great experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is where I struggle with TripAdvisor's rating system. If this hotel is being rated on value for the cost, I'd give it a "Very Good" or higher. If it's being rated against all other hotels, I'd probably give it an "Average".

The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. I like the layout of the rooms, especially for longer stays (mine was only four nights). Having a couch and kitchen was much less claustrophobic than a typical hotel room with just beds, TV, and a desk. The kitchen in my room had a medium sized refrigerator, a large microwave, a regular dishwasher, and two stove burners, but no oven. It was all I needed. In addition, there are many places to eat nearby, including across Hwy. 15-501, and a nice Kroger's grocery store within walking distance. Basically you get home away from home comforts, like more space and kitchen facilities.

I had a minor problem with a kitchen drawer when I arrived, and it was promptly fixed the next day (as requested). On the other hand, the bathtub drains extremely slowly (takes longer than an hour), so you're standing in dirty water while showering. The staff must be aware of this problem since I assume they clean the tub at least once a week. It is very noticeable.

The complementary breakfasts were nice to have, but I've seen better. I didn't think the food quality was all that great. Tuesdays through Thursday they also have complementary food in the evening, and, although I didn't try any, it certainly appeared to be enough to make a dinner out of if you want to save money (two kinds of pasta dishes and salad on one night; hotdogs and French fries another).

If you like to take walks for exercise in the evenings, there really isn't much in the immediate area in terms of trails or nice sidewalks. I used the treadmill in the workout room one night, and drove to a nearby middle school to use their track two other nights. Boring.

Free USA Today in the lobby, and, as others have mentioned, on-site washers and dryers. Also free WIFI.

I would not have any problem returning to this hotel, especially for longer stays.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Brian_NVA for not only taking the time to write a review! We are sorry to hear you had a few minor problems in your room. Our staff has been notified about the issue you had in your shower and we are working on fixing this problem promptly. Unfortunately the location of our hotel is not within walking distance to some great trails such as Duke Gardens and Duke Forest. However we do provide a shuttle service Monday-Friday that is able to drop off and pick up guest from these locations. We are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was staying in the Durham area on business for the whole month of June and was less than excited about staying in a hotel for that length of stay. My concerns were not well founded. The Staybridge was a wonderful place to spend 4 long weeks.

Pros:

- My room was clean, had a great layout, a regular size fridge and just about everything you need day to day in a kitchen.
- Bed was comfortable
- The pool was clean, cool and had lots of great lounging chairs set out around it
- The staff - everyone I encountered was friendly, outgoing and more than wiling to provide recommendations for restaurants, sights and sounds. They remembered who I was, where I was staying and were always up for friendly conversation. I can't say enough about how pleasant all the staff is here.
- Breakfast is great: fresh fruit, bagels, toast, eggs, bacon or sausage. Oatmeal, cereal and yogurt and a fresh waffle maker. Everything I would have at breakfast at home. It is well stocked and if there is something missing that you are looking for the staff is always ready to refill or provide you with that item
- I had no problems with the air conditioning, internet or cable - even during some pretty severe storms
- Socials - every Tues, Wed and Thurs night dinner is provided, often along with beer and wine! Nothing better than that. I didn't get a chance to eat the dinners but always enjoyed a glass a wine on them.
- Good cost for what you get
- Laundry facilities are great. Four washers, Four dryers. You bring your own detergent and bounce sheets but otherwise free to use which is so wonderful for those staying for a long period of time..
- It is close to everything. Universities, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Southpoint Mall, the I-40 and 15/501 Highways. Easy to get to downtown Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill
- I received fresh towels daily, along with "light" maid service - which really only including making the bed and "full service" once a week to change your sheets. You can request to have your sheets changed more often if you prefer it
- "The Pantry" - a cute little convenience type store at the front desk. perfect for a late night treat, laundry detergent or some beer or wine if you need. Nice to have that handy
- Storage lockers are available. I flew home for a weekend and didn't want to lug my huge suitcase across the border and back. I was provided with a storage closet on my floor that was perfect - I was given a key and was allowed to use it until the end of my reservation.

Cons:
- Although I was there on business I did not have to do business at the hotel, but the "business" area is really only one or two computers that often have kids on them. Didn't bother me but may be a concern if you need to do business and don't have a laptop or need printing/scanning/ that sort of stuff.

Neutrals:
- The workout facility is so-so. Not too much too it but a treadmill, elliptical and a few machines if you are doing a quick workout. Did the trick for a couple of nights when I couldn't bother to head to the gym (there are lots of options nearby if you are looking for a month/longer membership)
- I didn't like my pillows. There were lots (4 on my King) but I will bring my own next time (purely a preference thing)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashley D

So glad to hear we were able to make your month long stay pleasant Ashley D! Since our property is an extended stay hotel our rooms need to be able to accomodate guests in town for long periods of time like yourself. Breakfast and dinner are staples and we are glad to hear you enjoyed both! The beer and wine served during our social hour adds a nice touch that a lot of travelers enjoy. Due to the fact we are located close to both UNC and Duke hospital we do encounter children time to time that play on our computer in the business center. Staff at the front desk can help with faxing and they have no problem putting a time limit on computer use so all guests can have a chance. Scanning and printing capabilites are avaliable in the business ceneter as well. Hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is well-located, clean, and economical. It is closes to a grocery store, Kroger's, and several other convenient stores and restaurants.

However it is ill-suited for business travelers. It is beset by slow and sporadic internet provider outages, lacks fax, scanning, and copy capabilities - and even the most basic of office supplies. The so-called office "center" is poorly lit and is often besieged by kids playing games or scribbling on the monitors.. No one besides patrons stock the printer with paper or does maintenance of the printer. Staff are nice enough, but not really dedicated to the needs of business persons. Advice: Bring or locally purchase all supplies you think that you might need. Manager is hardly ever on duty or visible. Housekeepers are great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeDurham, Manager at Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay with us. While we are pleased that you found our location ideal, we regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with our business services at the hotel. Unfortunately we do not offer fax services in our business center area, however our front desk associates would be happy to send or receive faxes from our front desk area at no charge. To ensure future business travelers don't have lack of business services, we will use the information you provided to improve our business center area.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay. Conveniently located in a great area with many places to eat and shop. Th proximity to both Duke and the University of North Carolina was very good just a few miles from each and kind of in the middle. The rooms were clean and spacious and staff was courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013

We are delighted that our location between UNC Chapel Hill and Duke worked well for your visit. Please keep us in mind the next time you visit...we would love to have you stay again! Thank you for feedback on our hotel and location. It is greatly appreciated!