I was staying in the Durham area on business for the whole month of June and was less than excited about staying in a hotel for that length of stay. My concerns were not well founded. The Staybridge was a wonderful place to spend 4 long weeks.
- My room was clean, had a great layout, a regular size fridge and just about everything you need day to day in a kitchen.
- Bed was comfortable
- The pool was clean, cool and had lots of great lounging chairs set out around it
- The staff - everyone I encountered was friendly, outgoing and more than wiling to provide recommendations for restaurants, sights and sounds. They remembered who I was, where I was staying and were always up for friendly conversation. I can't say enough about how pleasant all the staff is here.
- Breakfast is great: fresh fruit, bagels, toast, eggs, bacon or sausage. Oatmeal, cereal and yogurt and a fresh waffle maker. Everything I would have at breakfast at home. It is well stocked and if there is something missing that you are looking for the staff is always ready to refill or provide you with that item
- I had no problems with the air conditioning, internet or cable - even during some pretty severe storms
- Socials - every Tues, Wed and Thurs night dinner is provided, often along with beer and wine! Nothing better than that. I didn't get a chance to eat the dinners but always enjoyed a glass a wine on them.
- Good cost for what you get
- Laundry facilities are great. Four washers, Four dryers. You bring your own detergent and bounce sheets but otherwise free to use which is so wonderful for those staying for a long period of time..
- It is close to everything. Universities, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Southpoint Mall, the I-40 and 15/501 Highways. Easy to get to downtown Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill
- I received fresh towels daily, along with "light" maid service - which really only including making the bed and "full service" once a week to change your sheets. You can request to have your sheets changed more often if you prefer it
- "The Pantry" - a cute little convenience type store at the front desk. perfect for a late night treat, laundry detergent or some beer or wine if you need. Nice to have that handy
- Storage lockers are available. I flew home for a weekend and didn't want to lug my huge suitcase across the border and back. I was provided with a storage closet on my floor that was perfect - I was given a key and was allowed to use it until the end of my reservation.
- Although I was there on business I did not have to do business at the hotel, but the "business" area is really only one or two computers that often have kids on them. Didn't bother me but may be a concern if you need to do business and don't have a laptop or need printing/scanning/ that sort of stuff.
- The workout facility is so-so. Not too much too it but a treadmill, elliptical and a few machines if you are doing a quick workout. Did the trick for a couple of nights when I couldn't bother to head to the gym (there are lots of options nearby if you are looking for a month/longer membership)
- I didn't like my pillows. There were lots (4 on my King) but I will bring my own next time (purely a preference thing)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to the Staybridge Suites Chapel Hill-Durham , a new, all-suite extended-stay hotel. We re located a few miles from Duke Medical Center, UNC Chapel Hill, Dupont, IBM, Motorola, Nortel, and GlaxoSmithKline. Guarantee the success of your next event in our smartly decorated meeting rooms, with professional planners to assist you. Take care of business in our 24-hour business center with copying and faxing services. Our spacious fitness facility and swimming pool will allow you to relax during your stay and work off the stress after a busy day of meetings. Each of our delightfully appointed suites will have you feeling like you are vacation, even if you re not. Each has a fully equipped kitchen with all the tools you ll need to whip up your favorite meals. Enjoy thoughtful amenities such as cable TV, free high-speed Internet access, and voicemail-enabled phones. Staybridge Suites is moments from all the unique, interesting attractions of the Chapel Hill/Durham area. We are convenient to the Morehead Planetarium, Studio 91, Ackland Art Museum, Triangle Theatre Festival, Wallace Wade Stadium, and the Carolina Brewery. Get comfortable it s Staybridge Suites Chapel Hill Durham! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-Rtp Hotel Durham