Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP
$108
Hilton.com
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$87
$79
La Quinta
All reviewswashers and dryerschapel hillfull kitchenfront deskhome depotplace to stayfree dinnertwo bedroom suitelight dinnerlaundry roomice makerfresh fruitoutdoor poolstores and restaurantsshort stayextended stayfitness center
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a full 4 months and it was a bumpy ride. You need to really think about this place before you call it home. Let's start with what worked. The staff was amazing! Say hi to Emri for us! She was a standout. But everyone with the exception of one or two folks really made it seem like home, even the lady who made our breakfast and dinners, always smiling. And you do get to know so many of your fellow extended stayers that it really does begin to feel like home despite the hotel's many many problems, you do connect and that helps. So thank you to the staff. I feel for them because I know for a fact they get tons of complaints they cannot do much about. I also know this Staybridge is independently owned and somehow IHC (the hotel company) came right before my stay started in August 2012 to inspect and somehow despite the issues passed them! So actually I blamed IHC for caring more about their franchise fee than they do the customer, overall cleaniness and health and their hotel chain, which makes me think about their hotels in general - which are Holidays Inns, Intercontinentals, etc. Why do I say this? I was in a 2 bedrooms, 2 bath apartment on the 4th floor where they still have smoking rooms, which is archaic in this day and age, and it smelled horrible! The carpet in the room was stained so badly, cleaning it would do no good, it simply needed to be replaced, and they gave me the key to several other 2 bed/2 bath apartments and the same there, all the carpets were badly stained and needed replacing. The furniture was dingy, dirty and ripping literally at the seams in many places. You really just didn't want to sit in it. We covered it in old sheets just to sit down! The chairs, not only in the room, but in the breakfast/dinner area were spotted almost completely and ripped at the seams in many spots and need a complete overhaul across the board. Sitting for meals was a challenge as well because they were so dingy and worn out in the room and for meals. They also need to replace the entire housekeeping team. When we moved out and checked all our drawers we found mens clothing way behind the drawers that we didnt' see when we moved in?! That's disgusting!!!! We never had a man in the apartment ever!!! I mean gross! We The shower rods were falling apart and no matter how often I asked they never got fixed so I gave up. When we first moved in the TVs were broken so they had to replace both of them, but only after I asked them to, they should have been replaced before we moved in, same with the remotes. Luckily the beds were clean because I was in the small apartment with my school aged child and my sister and we never got any bugs or anything, so that was good. The bathrooms were ok thank goodness making them acceptable considering how bad the other parts of the room were (aka carpet, furniture, etc.). The kitchenettes were so small, do not expect to cook in these anything more than soup or mac and cheese. The refrigerator is big enough but it was never cleaned out properly, no matter how often asked ours was stained from when we came into the apartment on the inside and remained stained, they told us they were permanent stains. The dishwasher was so old the motor broke! They had to come in and replace the entire thing! One can see they definitely do not do any sort of maintenance on their kitchens, if they had they would be replacing parts that are on the way out or permanently stained or not working properly,etc...The carpeting in the elevators has a permanent dust/dirt ring around it, so gross that it has to be replaced immediately, it might even be a health hazard..for allergies at least. There are so many people here that use the hospital facilities I am surprised they dont get more sick considering the amount of renovation this place needs and doesn't get. Breakfast is minimal, fruit is never ripe and mostly canned, breakfast meat is always undercooked and the dinner sides are usually undercooked and they dont have enough help so things dont get filled up on time and theres a wait and so many people and then there is a mess...and no variety, it's the same menu week after week, and if you are there for 4 months this gets tiring especially if its cooked badly. The soda machine kept breaking down and food items would dissapear for days and weeks and reappear, strange really. And the laundry room is a mess, sure it's free, but the machines are old, cracked, too small, not enough machines, and my clothes constantly came out dingy and sometimes smelling like tin. If you offer it offer it at a level that's expected compared to your competitors in the area. I blame this on the owners who just dont provide the management with the resources needed to properly manage this hotel so its clients are happy and I blame IHG for caring more about its franchise fee than its customer service and loyalty than what this hotel is actually delivering. The extended stay hotels in the area may be more expensive, but they offer so much more across the board it's worth the extra money especially if you are staying a long time and especially if you are using the hospital facilities, if I were one of the unfortunately sick folk that stay at this hotel, I would check out and use one of the many competitors in the area who are way cleaner and are renovated...I would be afraid this place would make me sicker given the carpet and furniture issues, the food cooking issues, the fact stuff is not cleaned up the tables are usually dirty for an extended period of time, the garbage is usually too full during meals for an extended period of time, it's just unhealthy and unsightly and not what you expect from a staybridge or an IHG hotel....unfortunate because as I said the staff here are awesome and they should have more to work with, they deserve more to work with...I will miss the staff, they were great and I felt like I became friends with them and I will go back and visit...

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first that you will be in before going in!!! And ask for a room NOT on the 4th floor unless you smoke!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nygal5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear nygal5,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know you liked our staff and it somehow compensated the inconveniences you had during your stay. It encourages our team members to work even harder to consistently delight our guests. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the overall cleanliness of our rooms and facilities. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This chain's Durham-Chapel Hill location was above average for the area. Well located between the two cities and adjacent to a busy commercial area, the hotel is quiet as the last of a row of hotels before reaching a residential area. Our front desk experience was good -- friendly and efficient. Our room was clean and spacious with two TVs and an actual door separating the living area and the bedroom. The kitchen was well-equipped. Breakfast the next morning was as expected, with a good selection of hot and cold options in a well-designed space. The public spaces (lobby, exercise room, laundry, pool) were OK. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

All I can say is "Wow". The Staybridge really felt like home for a few days during our stay. The suites are nicely done. Lots of space. Small kitchen, but all you need is there. Breakfast was great. Lots of variety. We enjoyed the hot Oatmeal and yummy waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. The fruit was also good. Hot offerings changed daily. The hotel serves dinner on Tuesdays through Thursday with wine and beer available, as well as soft drinks.

Some folks used the BBQ grills outside to make their own dinner on Friday night.

We needed to do laundry and the machines are free to use. There was a note in the room that if you stay for a week, the do your laundry for you.

The free internet worked well and I used the treadmills every day.
Thank you for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The facility exceeded my expectations! I am a loyalist to IHG as a whole, and have only tried the Staybridge brand once before and was so rushed that I didnt get to even take a look around.
The suites are great, the room have space, are clean, and stocked if you need a kitchen. The halls are quiet, and the exercise room was great. Three of my peers and myself were guest together, and the gathering area in the lobby was great at the end of the day - the space offered us a place to relax, discuss the events of the day, and enjoy a bevereage and snack.

The location is great - there is grocery shopping if you need it, or there are countless restaurants - from formal, to casual, to burgers or fast food. As a matter of fact there is a great beverage store across the street that offered a wonderful selection and great advice on some very unfamiliar wines and beers.

The hotel is just off I40, and 3minutes south of I85 - easy access to Duke of Chapel Hill, and 20 minutes from RDU airport...

I recommend the hotel with out any hesitation - I am certain you will enjoy your stay whether your needs are extended stay, business, or relaxation and family vacation.

Room Tip: As strange as it is - I stayed two different times, once right beside the elevator and once completely on the furthest end of a hallway, and both stays were perfect. I am not certain there is one room better than another.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kurt S
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was our first stay in a Staybridge Suites. We wound up here after a competing hotel wouldn't accept pets and recommended this place. We're glad we wound up here.

The 1 BR suite is very large for the money. The bathroom is huge and the bed is extremely comfortable. The staff is excellent, and this was the darkest, quietest room at night of anywhere I've stayed at any price. I had the best night's sleep in months.

We only stayed one night, but if we're ever in a place for many days, it will be a Staybridge.
We didn't stay for breakfast, so no comment there.

You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: A 1BR suite is definitely better than the studio and not much more expensive. Unless you're alone, go for the suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple