“Food was better than few months ago” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Food was better than few months ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went here for takeout and food quality was better than before a few months ago. They even got our order right this time. Prices were a little higher, would be ok if the quantities justify the price. They were little less than expected. Would go again but Lunch buffet is too expensive for measly 4 veg and 4 non-veg items.

• Visited May 2014

Brewster, MA
“Just OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I read the reviews of this restaurant before we went. Our experience seemed on the low end. Indian food is my favorite so I have eaten at a LOT of Indian restaurants. We would not go back here unless we were passing through at lunch -- we might try the buffet and see if it was any better since those reviewers gave it higher marks.

The server did not seem very engaged or in any hurry to serve us although the restaurant was practically empty (bad sign).
The sides of the tablecloth were still dirty from previous diners. The glasses of water were room temperature -- no ice. The first glass of wine brought to the table was bad -- it was the last glass in the bottle and looked like it might have been opened the previous week.

The Naan was excellent. But there was no Tamarind sauce available -- what Indian restaurant does not have Tamarind sauce? The Korma, although very creamy, had almost no flavor and although it had been ordered medium, had almost no spice to it. The accompanying rice was good. The rice part of the Biryani was OK but the meat pieces were small and salty. The Raita was thin and watery. The sizes were generous but we didn't bother to take any home.

So, I can't recommend this for dinner but maybe you will have better luck at the lunch buffet.

• Visited April 2014
CT
“No Hot Tea!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very happy with the food, but why don't Indian restaurants serve hot tea with their meals? It cannot be that hard to prepare, and generally some of the waiters are standing around not doing much. We move down from CT and always had the option of Chai or black tea. I hope this gives the Indian restaurants motivation.

• Visited March 2014
San Diego, California
“Enjoy eating out again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I walked into this place one night out on a stroll. Best decision I ever made. The atmosphere is glowing, and the waiters are extremely polite. I already had dinner, but I cannot resist Indian food. I love Tandoori. I tried the Tandoori chicken, and I was very pleased. It was half a chicken, brought on a steaming skillet with sliced peppers and onions with little lime wedges. The chicken was crisp on the outside and moist on the inside; and true to Tandoori form, it brought tears to my eyes. I had a Fisher King beer, which came in an icy cold 22 oz bottle, opened at my table with a chilled wine glass. Some say the decor is not up to par in this place, but I disagree. It is cafe style, which means a mellow yellow on the walls and a cool blue on the ceiling with warm lighting. They have a flat screen TV on the far wall playing Indian music videos. It was empty when I walked in at 9 pm, and before I left, it was full of Indian families enjoying the night out. I left full and content, happy with my food, the service, and the price. I really cannot ask for more in a pleasurable dining experience. If you want a cool dinner date, this is the place.

• Visited January 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food..Good buffet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

If you go for the food and like good indian food, this is the place to go. You wont find a better place in RTP. Service can be a little slow but sometimes its nice to just relax and stop worrying about what other people do and enjoy the food.