“Very comftorable, economical,clean and great staff”

Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Very comftorable, economical,clean and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

I loved my stay here at this hotel and the amenities that it offered and value for the money. The staff went out of their way to insure that everything was right. I stayed for six days and enjoyed every minute of it. As a matter of act, I'll be in the area on 6 June '09 and have already made my reservations to stay at this very hotel again. Rooms and hotel were clean and staff very warm and friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2006

For the price, this is a really nice place to stay. My girfriend and I came down for UNC's homecoming weekend, and since the area was packed with other alums (most of whom either booked earlier or were willing to spend more money), this was as close as we could get. I was a bit concerned about having to schlep from RTP into town, but it's really not a bad drive at all, maybe 15 minutes or so from the hotel to the UNC campus. Durham is about the same distance, which makes it close enough to places of interest to make location something of a non-factor (not a big plus, but not a major strike against it, either. Also, you're like 2 miles on the highway from two different Waffle Houses, which is arguably a plus, but I digress).

The room was bigger than we would have expected for the price we got on priceline (about 25/night, including taxes!). At that price I was afraid that we would be next door to crack dealers and carjackers. But, even though there's not a whole lot in the immediate area besides the highway, that's both a good and a bad thing, in that there were no crack dealers or carjackers that I could see.

Anyway, back to the room. There was a kitchenette that looked to be fairly well set-up, although I was more interested in revisiting places I used to eat at as a student, so we didn't use it. The bathroom was fine--no marble tile or anything like that, but it was clean. There was also a "living room"-like area, with a couple of big chairs and a table. The king-size bed was surprisingly OK--not too squishy, and it didn't have that big canoe-shaped indentation in the middle that some places' mattresses have. Between the "bedroom" and "living room" there was a TV, with cable.

Now don't get me wrong, we're not talking about the Bellagio here. But, if you're looking for somewhere that's close enough to civilization, clean, and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, this is a pretty good choice. I get the impression that RTP IT/tech companies stash short-term contractors here, but that's just speculation. Oh, also, they don't take pets. But there's a side entrance that, if you come in late at night and stay on the 1st floor, you can use to sneak in your dogs, as long as they move quickly and don't bark too much.

• Liked — The Price
  • Disliked — The No-Pets policyq
  • Tips/Secrets — You can sneak dogs in through the side entrance late at night if you're careful.
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Mooch_1013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2004

We've stayed at a few hotels in Raleigh for the airport that were reasonably priced and found this one to be lacking. It was very dirty and everywhere you went therewas a smell of smoke. I wouldn't stay here again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2003

When I pulled up to the hotel there was a Hilton next door that was immaculate. I was frightened that this place would be nothing compared to it, but to my surprise it was very nice. The bed seemed small, but comfortable. The room was clean, but rug was a bit stained. The kitchen in the room is PERFECT, equipt with full size refrigerator, burners to cook upon, dishes and silverware. Instead of spending a lot of money on eating out I went to the grocery store and stocked up. I stayed for three nights and spent a total of $200 which included in room movies still out in theaters, Nintendo games, phone calls (use your cell instead - WAY too much money to call local and long distance), and room stay (40.80 per night on Jetblue.com website). It was comfortable, convenient to all, quiet and they had a nice breakfast consisting of make your own waffles, bagels, muffins and donuts. All in all, WELL worth the price and I didn't feel so bad not staying next door since I got all that I needed here.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2003

Before I booked this reservation I search ALL OVER the internet to find out information about this hotel because 1) I had never heard of this chain of hotels and 2) I found a rate on expedia for $38! I only found one review and it was positive so I went ahead and booked it. We stayed three nights for probably the price of 1 night at other nearby hotels.The Wellesley Inn & Suites was better than I expected. We got exactly what we had requested (non smoking and king size room). Also, when we checked in we were given the option of which floor we wanted to be on. We chose first floor so that we didn't need to worry about elevators/stairs. Walked in the room and it was very nice! Extremely clean (I am a neat freak)! Perfect place to stay for the weekend. They had breakfast each morning but we never go to take advantage of it! I heard that it is pretty good.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Durham hotels
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport
Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South

Property: Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Address: 4919 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703-8435 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Durham