“Apples only for breakfast.”

Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Ranked #45 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel smells like people or dogs peed everywhere. They have free breakfast and it is only apples and coffee. Yes it is funny, but they are calling it breakfast. I will never ever stay there even if it is free too. I will prefer to sleep in my car.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Danteeee

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My name is Pam M. I have been at this hotel off and on for about month. I want to state that my stay has been awesome. The staff (especially Candace and Nikisha) have been extremely nice to me. I thank God for them. I came there with a lot of issues (unknowning to them) but they made me feel like I was queen. Just a kind word goes a long way. My room was excellent. I also want to give a shout out to the young lady that works with Candace who is training. I seem them stay pleasant at adverse time (especially during the storm,and when the lights was out for several days). I came to get something, I think a towel, the lobby was full. They worked with the group, one at time and gave them each of them quality service. Nikisha is always friendly to me and always willing to help. I truly thank God for them. It is my prayer that the Lord bless them real, real good.

Room Tip: I live the second floor (but I do not smoke either). All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I don't want to waste any more of my time on these people, so I will make this quick! This hotel promised me a room with 2 beds, when I arrived, they said they were so sorry, but I would have to pay extra! I was told that the room we were put in didn't even have a pull out couch, another lie, one was in there! She just wanted more money! SHUTTLE!!! This place "FREE" shuttle is a joke! We arrived around 4:00pm and was told their driver was running business clients around and it would be around 7:00 at night before he could take us. Well....7:30 rolls around and still NO DRIVER/SHUTTLE! The lady at the front desk kept repeating that he would no longer pick up anyone after 10:00. I read between the lines, once we made it to our destination, the driver would be nowhere to be found and we would have to call a cab! The rooms are much smaller than other extended stay's and very dated!!! If I was given this hotel again through a secret website like Priceline, I would forfeit my money and go elsewhere!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Room Tip: another hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank DavisFamilyBayboro
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Due to winter weather I found myself in need of a hotel close to work. The choices in my price range were extended stay north or extended stay south. Since I stayed at north several years ago and it was awful I decided to give south a try. I didn't get there until after midnight, the person on the desk wasn't very attentive. She said my reservation was cancelled yet my paperwork was there. Luckily there was one room left.
Pros:
Quiet heat that stayed at a constant temp
Full size refrigerator
Free wi-fi
Good water pressure
Decent mattress and pillows

Cons:
Staff unable to deal with any issues
Carpet, sofa, and chairs stained (the chairs were exceptionally nasty)
Walkways not shoveled or salted

I probably will end up there again because convenience and price are the deciding factor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank MyView45
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Face it: at this price point, you can't expect 5 star service or rooms. I've stayed at a number of 2-star extended stay/business suite locations, and while the amenities are all very similar, the customer service at THIS location sets it apart from the crowd.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker and the smell of stale smoke bothers you, make sure you're in a non-s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NameWitheldByRequest
Reviewed January 28, 2014

How do you set yourself apart? By offering excellent customer service. I have stayed at this property on multiple occasions and each has been pleasant. Like most anything there is room for improvement but let's start with the pros.

Pros: Each room has a full sized refrigerator and a two-eye cook top. Wonderful for making a home cooked meal if you are indeed on an extended stay. The shuttle which runs from 6 am - 10 pm will take you anywhere that is within a five mile radius. Most of the time the wait for pick-up is within 15-20 minutes. If you encounter any problem management is quick to respond. The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Free Wi-fi which is fast and stable

Cons: This is a petty con but the television only offers limited channels. About 20. Six of which are ESPN channels. Which is wonderful if you are a sports enthusiast but really is lacking if all you want is a good movie. Most hotels now offer all basic cable channels. The only other con is there is no business center. The available computer needs to be discarded because the browser is so old it is no longer support by most websites.

Other than that, parking is free. Free shuttle. Comfy bed. Great customer service. Easy excess to the freeway without traffic noise infiltrating the room. Rates are comparable to other hotels in the area. Would recommend for business, family, friends, or solo stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have had the experience of staying several weeks in this hotel. Over the course of that time, I've been in several different guest rooms and become familiar with many of the staff members. While I've encountered some problems with facilities or individual staff members from time to time, management has been very responsive any complaint I've voiced, taking action to resolve the issue promptly. In general, this hotel is very comfortable, clean, and well run, and offers the best value among all those in this vicinity.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Matt - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to know that we provided you with a comfortable, clean room. Please accept our apologies that you encountered problems with the facilities and individual staff members. Still, I appreciated having the opportunity to resolve your issues right away.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway South

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South? Share your experiences!