“Very nice, Great location”

Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed November 3, 2013

After my experience with the dump ESA on north Harrison this was a nice way to end my stay in the triangle. Location is convenient and very safe, housekeeping does a great job, management very friendly helpful. Pool and courtyard is very very nice touch and not what you normally find in an ESA. Great rates, clean rooms what else can I say? I stayed from late april till my construction project in Morrisville was finished in early august.

Room Tip: For a great value ask for a handicap room,
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted regarding our hotel, friendly staff and the services our housekeeping team provided. We strive to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room at a great rate. I am glad to hear that we have succeeded at that goal.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had seen reviews stating these properties were much improved and great places to stay. I CANNOT agrree with that statment.

I came here after not being able to stay at the property I was booked at due to water issues. The staff was helpful and nice, but the facility was very old, and although the front looked nice, the room are not. The walls are a really thin, and we had a pleathura of issues. They addressed some of the, but it was just an average room at best. I was only staying to a few days, but I found it to barely tolerable.

The matress was not very comfortable, and the linens were very thin. The only thing I liked was that I could at least open a window.

I had a toilet that was running, I had electrical issues, light bulbs that were blows, a disconnected smoke detector, and door that did not lock correctly.

The kitchenette was not large enough to use. I won't stay at another one.

Room Tip: It's barely tolerable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager9836, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, we are always working with our team on ways to improve our service and our guests experience. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dmb2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had a great stay at the hotel. It was clean and free from any noise. The management was good and did respond to my requests. I requested for extra utensils which they accomodated. My only gripe was once they "forgot" to service the room and the room was hence not cleaned for 2 continuous weeks even after repeated reminders (as they only service only once a week, and if they "forget", its totally upto them). There was a DVD player but it was not wired to the TV, that was really strange :-), though I did not care much about that. Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Toilet leak. Smoking odor. Hotel showed total inability to resolve those issues and offered no alternatives or daily cleaning service to try to make it better. Understaffed. We complained many times. Every time, they said that they were going to fix things the next day every time. By the next day, the new staff on duty was not only unaware of the issues but was still unable to do anything. They ended up refunding one night and gave us 50% . Needless to say that if we had known about their low hygiene standards, we would not have stayed there even for free.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel all together. This place was disgusting.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank A D
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This review is actually for the Extended Stay (formerly Studio Plus Deluxe) @ 2504 NC 54 Hwy in Durham, NC - for the most part, it was a terrible experience - initial room didn't have a sleeper sofa or provide a roll-away bed (not available) even though the room was reserved for 3 people. Water faucets were plumbed backwards (moron plumbers I reckon) - they actually told my daughter to sleep on the recliner or floor - desk staff were basically worthless and seemed to be put-out to even speak with a customer - we must have been bothering them from whatever they were actually doing (which was sitting with their feet up on the desk). Continental b-fast was bad coffee and blueberry muffins in plastic - laughable. When moved to another room, same plumbing issues (same stupid plumbers) altho this time we actually had a sleeper sofa. If you find this hotel available, just keep driving - DO NOT STAY HERE - is that clear enough?

Room Tip: There is no good room - Stay at the Hampton Inn in Chapel Hill on Farrington
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days with family. Nice property in RTP. Hotel provides kitchen facilities making it ideal for families who likes to cook. Rooms are clean with all basic amenities included like TV, refridgerator, microwave, dishwasher etc
Coffee shop has free coffee and muffines, fruites etc. good to have something available in morning rush. one good thing about this hotel is free shuttle for nearby places and to your office if it is in RTP. Walmart is less than a mile and its open 24*7.
Overall a nice hotel. last but not the least, hotel staff is nice & helpful. Hotel Manager is also friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and the customer service during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Never stayed at a extended stay hotel before. I must say that I really enjoyed my stay. After a long day with fighting with Delta airline it was great coming into a place where the staff really means it when they say Hi. I had a clean room and a nice dinner at a local spot. The other great thing is the hotel allows there van to take you to a nice spot for dinner and they comes back to pick you up. Really like the breakfast in the morning. The desk clerk Keswann was helpful and such a big help. Let me not forget about kelly who checked me in or Harold who picked me up from the airport. I was very welcoming having the Area Manager riding with the can driver to pick me up. I will come back again.

Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that management and staff took excellent care of you. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.