Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Gilbert, South Carolina, United States
“Warning!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just a terrible experience overall. We stayed a week and they were out of so many things (laundry soap, dish soap, paper towels, etc.). Several things listed on their website are not accurate. Room did not have pots and pans, dishwasher was broken, clearly had been smoked in previously, had to change rooms because the first room was SO bad (grease still on the stove, splits and stains in the furniture). AC units in the room are FULL of something really gross (gunk, dust, debric, unknown) Public computer was so full of errors and bugs, you really could not use it. Front desk personnel spends most of their time in the back room rather than actually AT the front desk, especially the evening attendant. I would warn you about staying at this location.

Room Tip: Ask about going into the room before actually agreeing to it - look for filth, make sure everything...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Area Operations Managers at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that that the standard amenities were not provided in your room, and that you were unable to contact the agent on duty. In response to your feedback, I am going to complete a full inspection and review all standards with our employees in all areas. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at edavis@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brookline
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The good: nice pool, good sized rooms, things in generally working order.
What was disappointing: we booked on line and upon arrival requested a room with double beds. We were told we needed to pay 20 extra for that. Our room smelled like smoke even though we got a non smoking room. The bed left me with an achy back. Breakfast was pitiful. At least three cars were vandalized in the lot outside the hotel. Also, not much in the area unless you're looking for walmart or fast food or a technology campus... I guess I know how it got it's name - research park;-)

Overall- we were looking for an inexpensive stopover for a family on route to our vacation spot. It suited it's purpose fine, but given that we spent extra for double beds and had to buy breakfast anyway, we could have stayed in a nicer place for same cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Durham - Research Triangle Park - Miami Blvd. - South. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. Keeping this bar stocked at all times is a must for us, so I have met with our hotel management and staff and presented your comments.

Washington, DC
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Was weary after reading the generally negative reviews about this property. We stayed Thu & Fri night. Room hadn't been renovated recently but was clean, smoke / smell free, and in good shape. Staff was helpful. Kitchenette was in similarly good shape, had cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, and was stocked with sufficient pots, pans, dishes, etc. Nice pool. Good location. Price was less than many motels in the area. Would be perfectly happy staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 217.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a nice review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Durham - Research Triangle Park - Miami Blvd. - South. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
hickory, nc
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

it was a last minute booking and I did request I smoking room, I do expect it to be clean. the drawers were full of hair and someone even left a stack of used lottery scratch offs in the bathroom drawer. it is clear that was surface cleaned only. I just came from a comfort inn (same price) and it was thouroughly cleaned at least. I feel like I'm in a strangers apartment.
the staff thus far has been great though even ran me up coffee when there wasn't any in room.

Stayed April 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of your stay. Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

I assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you again.
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed here for just one night on a business trip, and had a wonderful experience. The furnishings were nicer than other extended stay hotels I've been to, and the room had a great-sized closet. I even arrived 90 minutes before check-in time, after driving all morning, and they let me check in early for no extra cost. I was extremely grateful to be able to unload my stuff and take a shower before my meeting. The room was clean and all my toiletries and towels were there. The one glitch I had was that my key didn't work, and I had to go back to the front desk a second time for a new one. Otherwise, a glitch-free quick stay in a comfortable, clean room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChelseaMP
Hi Chelsea,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Durham - Research Triangle Park - Miami Blvd. - South. Our hotel is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Virginia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I got this hotel on Hotwire so I did not select it. I checked in and went to the room briefly then went to dinner. Upon returning I went to wash my hands and there was no soap (there was no shampoo either but I had some of that). Then I tried to use the “free WiFi” but the welcome screen asked for my name and room number and indicated that there would be a $4.95 charge. I went to pick up the phone and call the front desk but the phone was turned off. Made the long walk to the front desk and picked up the soap and asked the disinterested front desk clerk what the WIFI network was called. She insisted there was a button on the bottom of the page to click on for free internet access. Trekked back to the room and tried again. The button was not there. Another long walk back to the front desk (remember the phone did not work) and the front desk clerk insisted the button was there and told me to bring my laptop down. I said there was no way I was coming back again and tried to use the computer in the lobby. The many viruses and encryption errors on it made it unusable.

When I prepared for bed I noticed that the backing of the drapes was shredded letting in a lot of light from the outside. In addition the furniture was chipped and the closet door was missing. The few good things about this hotel are the location in the RTP and the large size of the rooms. The next night we stayed at the Homewood Suites next door on a point stay which was much nicer.

There is a glut of hotel rooms in the Triangle and you can do much better than this spot.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelon1
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed one night on a business trip to save money. I did! Comfortable and clean but not fancy and exactly as expected. I would stay again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business