“False Accusations”
Review of Comfort Inn RTP

Comfort Inn RTP
Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've stayed at this location a few times. Rooms are pretty clean... you get what you pay for you could say. I do have to say that if you have a partner or friend that smokes and you ask for a none smoking room make sure to leave any tobacco products in the car or in your bags because they will charge you for "smoking" even if you haven't actually smoked in the room. I purposely asked for a none smoking room because I am with child, but because my partner does smoke and left packaging in a cup that was in the trash they took it upon themselves to charge my card because they "found" evidence of smoking in the room. I thought the evidence would be to actually smell smoke in the room. We never smoked in the room so I'm not sure how that would be possible. Before check out a housekeeper knocked on our door three (3) times and we never received any complaints or calls regarding smoke coming from our room. Obviously a manager didn't have the sense enough to go check the room themselves, and decided to go by what a house keeper roaming through trash thought. I also went back an hour later because I left my charger in the room which the house keeper didn't see because she was so busy going through customers trash. We are elite gold members and I don't think we've gotten that far by smoking in a none smoking room that we purposely asked for... just doesn't make sense at all. I've already placed a complaint with choice hotels and will be calling again tomorrow to have this issue resolved. I can say that I will never stay at this hotel again because all they are trying to do is make a quick buck out of their customers who have already paid for a room. Question is.. why would I ask for a none smoking room and then purposely go smoke in it when I know you have my credit card information to go and charge me a fee for smoking. If I wanted to spend that much money on a room for one night I would have gladly stayed at the Double Tree right down the street and gladly taken my free cookies they pass out. Pretty sure they don't go falsely accusing their customers of smoking in rooms when they clearly don't smell smoke. I will be telling everyone I know not to stay at the Comfort Inn on 4507 Apex Hwy. They've lost a customer and who ever the manager was on duty should be let go for not doing their job correctly. They've just ruined everything I had planned and all they can say is call back tomorrow to speak to a manager. What get's me is they are so quick to take your money but when it's time for them to return funds to your account it takes them a week. If you do decide to stay there.... good luck. make sure to leave any tobacco in the car if you decide to stay in a none smoking room.. even if they find a crumb of tobacco you were "smoking" in the room. Guess they don't think people who smoke can go outside if they really needed. All people who smoke don't like sleeping in those smelly tobacco filled rooms they barely clean... smells like a huge ashtray. One more thing... the employees (housekeepers & management) need more training or someone who's bilingual and can explain to them what evidence of smoking is supposed to be. Wrappers are not evidence of smoking.. smelling smoke in the actually room is evidence of smoking.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a none smoking room if you have tobacco products on you.. they charge you just lik...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank K T

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were average my Mom and I stayed on the first floor, it was clean there. They served coffee all day in the lobby area. The breakfast was very very good, there were lots of choices. The negative thing was the water pressure was not very good. Though they are still renovating the entire hotel. I must say though that Victor and Deborah made sure that my Mom and my stay there was one of the best ones we've ever had at a hotel just because their personality was so awesome. They went out of their way to make sure we were treated very special. Thank you Comfort Inn, we may visit again if we are in the area.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The bed was too firm and uncomfortable. The pillows were the size of decorative pillows but I will say the breakfast was great. You can make your own Belgian waffle. I also suggest to avoid the first floor since the doirs lead directly to the parking lot and allows you to hear every movement.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good location and good price. This hotel has dated interior, but biggest issue to lack of adequate hot water for showers. This low quantity of hot water persisted for all 3 days of our stay. Hot water is not the area to skimp for any type of hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Horrible hotel. No hot water for 3 days (we were stuck for a package deal as a group), roaches, door keys don't work and unresponsive staff. Everything from washers to business center is broken. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was visiting my son for parent weekend at UNC. I went by the hotel at 1pm to reserve a rm. I was told that I could check in after 3 pm. We returned to the hotel at 6:30 pm and was told they had no reservation for me even tho I had documentation by credit card receipt from them. I was given another rm and went to the room and there was already someone in the rm.....in bed!!!! I am not kidding. I flew back down to the desk and the staff could care a less. They now had no rms available. They assured me they canceled my credit card charges and off I went to the Hilton Garden for $191 for a nite. It was worth every cent. Comfort Inn did charge my credit card which I had removed. Total total incompetence and not even a 'sorry.' I should have known something was wrong just by seeing the outside condition of the facility.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hello and we went to a Kendo Tourment for my 14 year old and i took my daughter and her 3 kids so that made 2 adults and 4 kids and it was hard to find a hotel that would allow all of us in the same room without paying 200.00 plus a night but i found this great hotel on priceline and it was only 75.00 a night and we had two full sz beds and a pull out full sz couch plus the room had a small fridge and mirco wave, coffee maker, hair dryer and ironing board and it was really clean and nice. We loved the room and the breakfast as they had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit, bread, rolls, cereal, coffee, juice. When we go back again we will stay here as the staff was super friendly and helpfull too. So stay here on your next trip

Room Tip: If u want a balcony if u are a smoker or just want to sit out in the cool air at night then get a se...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family