“bad bed good breakfast”
Review of Comfort Inn RTP

Comfort Inn RTP
Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The bed was too firm and uncomfortable. The pillows were the size of decorative pillows but I will say the breakfast was great. You can make your own Belgian waffle. I also suggest to avoid the first floor since the doirs lead directly to the parking lot and allows you to hear every movement.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good location and good price. This hotel has dated interior, but biggest issue to lack of adequate hot water for showers. This low quantity of hot water persisted for all 3 days of our stay. Hot water is not the area to skimp for any type of hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Horrible hotel. No hot water for 3 days (we were stuck for a package deal as a group), roaches, door keys don't work and unresponsive staff. Everything from washers to business center is broken. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was visiting my son for parent weekend at UNC. I went by the hotel at 1pm to reserve a rm. I was told that I could check in after 3 pm. We returned to the hotel at 6:30 pm and was told they had no reservation for me even tho I had documentation by credit card receipt from them. I was given another rm and went to the room and there was already someone in the rm.....in bed!!!! I am not kidding. I flew back down to the desk and the staff could care a less. They now had no rms available. They assured me they canceled my credit card charges and off I went to the Hilton Garden for $191 for a nite. It was worth every cent. Comfort Inn did charge my credit card which I had removed. Total total incompetence and not even a 'sorry.' I should have known something was wrong just by seeing the outside condition of the facility.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hello and we went to a Kendo Tourment for my 14 year old and i took my daughter and her 3 kids so that made 2 adults and 4 kids and it was hard to find a hotel that would allow all of us in the same room without paying 200.00 plus a night but i found this great hotel on priceline and it was only 75.00 a night and we had two full sz beds and a pull out full sz couch plus the room had a small fridge and mirco wave, coffee maker, hair dryer and ironing board and it was really clean and nice. We loved the room and the breakfast as they had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit, bread, rolls, cereal, coffee, juice. When we go back again we will stay here as the staff was super friendly and helpfull too. So stay here on your next trip

Room Tip: If u want a balcony if u are a smoker or just want to sit out in the cool air at night then get a se...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Although the room was neat and clean the rest of the hotel was dated and had a musty smell. It seemed to have many construction workers staying less families. The breakfast was fair cold cereal, eggs, sausage and waffles

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for an appointment at the VA Medical Center. The checkin person was very friendly and polite, I had talked to her prior to making the reservation at the 800 number. The lobby was clean and welcoming. The breakfast was hot and fresh with eggs and sausage patties. Our room was clean, the a/c was on when we open the door so the room was cool and fresh. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. We will stay at this hotel when we return to the VA Medical Center.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family