“Fun”

Museum of Life + Science
Ranked #3 of 75 things to do in Durham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Museum of Life and Science is one of North Carolina’s top attractions. Situated on 84-acres, our interactive science park includes a science center, a butterfly conservatory which is one of the largest in the world and beautifully-landscaped outdoor exhibits which are safe havens for rescued black bears, lemurs, and endangered red wolves. The Museum's Dinosaur Trail takes visitors on a journey through the Late Cretaceous period. Other attractions include a Farmyard, Ellerbe Creek Railway, Contraptions – a hands-on exhibit for older children and adults, a sailboat pond, The Lab in Investigate Health!, Play to Learn – an exhibit for children under six, more than 60 species of live animals and so much more. The Museum of Life and Science is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Sharon,Vermont United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I may be in my fourty's but I was a kid at heart. This is a fantastic place to explore even if you are an adult. The staff was wonderful and the area was an learning experience.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Korina S

NY/CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Cool and interesting for all ages”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Many brilliant hands on exhibits - make a tornado, butterfly conversatory, NASA cockpit. Interesting for both kids and adults

Visited September 2011
1 Thank chetbori
Atlanta
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent family outing!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a wonderful, interactive facility. We had 4 children in our family group of 12, also. I was able to obtain a wheelchair (only leaving my driver's license as "security") for my 90 year old mother-in-law. They also allowed us to obtain a "group rate", since we called the day before and had a group of 10 or more. It was a fabulous outing and enjoyed by all....from age 5 to 90 !! I would highly recommend it!

Visited November 2011
New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cool Exhibits”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The staff here is fantastic. Interesting, cool and informative. Awesome butterfly exhibit. Viewed bears too.

Visited October 2011
Canton, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“very family friendly”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband & I wanted to get outside & I read they had outdoor exhibits to see. This is very family friendly, lots for kids to see & do! The kids can run & play & learn. We enjoyed the Magic Wings butterfly house & Insectarium. Very cool & learned something. I also enjoyed walking through the Explore the Wild seeing bears & wolves. A must see w/ kids!

Visited October 2011

Been to Museum of Life + Science? Share your experiences!