“Great salsa, friendly staff, solid Mexican”

Torero's Authentic Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #367 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I dined at the Torero's in downtown Durham near Bright Leaf Square while passing through en route home. I've been to this restaurant many times and it never disappoints. They have excellent salsa with fresh tomatoes and cilantro, which I like a lot. I am also a big fan of their margaritas on the rocks. The atmosphere is of the festive type of a classic Mexican place. The staff is friendly and food is always served promptly. If you're looking for solid, classic Mexican food at a reasonable price, then go to Torero's!

There are newer reviews for Torero's Authentic Mexican Cuisine

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Mid way between UNC and Duke, excellent service, food and very reasonable prices. Good for families or groups of friends.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Portions are huge; I always have a full serving of leftovers for another meal. Americanized Mexican menu - burritos, tacos, fajitas (as well as a cheeseburger). Margaritas are quite tasty. Have never had bad service. We visit fairly regulary.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Good food, plenty of it, fresh ingredients and friendly wait staff. However, they sold the one in northern Durham so we don't go as often as before.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Torero's is our go to place in Durham. We love it there. The food is consistently good and the service is always great. I like the Downtown Durham location the best, it just seems cozier and I think the food is slightly better than the 15-501 location. We have family parties there and even with a table of 14 or more the food and service is still great! We have food allergies and they are always very accommodating and thoughtful with our requests. Since Mexican is one of our favorite cuisine choices we have tried many other places in Arizona and Southern California as well as around this area, so far nothing has beaten Torero's! We love it!