“First Time Visit”

Add it.
Silver Spoon Restaurant
Ranked #230 of 793 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my first time visit to this restaurant. In reading other reviews, it looked like an OK place to have a Sunday breakfast.

We were promptly greeted and seated. Within seconds, there was our waitress, Gail. Gail was very prompt in getting us drinks, and taking our order. The food was cooked correctly and promptly.

The food was delicious. I had the skillet (the count). It was great. The first time in a long time, that I can remember eating my whole breakfast.

The decor was a remake of a Pizza Hut, but, the service and food was excellent. This will be on my regular stop list from now on. Don't judge this book by it's cover. You'll miss a good meal.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This where we go for breakfast. The fair is pretty straight forward but nicely done. The eggs are cooked as ordered, which can be a challenge at the Eno River Eatery just up the street. Not great food nor the best service but a friendly place.

1  Thank Bob K
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Many years ago there used to be a restaurant on the north end of Roxboro Rd called Le Coco (in the space that is now Eno River Eatery). They were famous for their breakfasts. I spent many mornings there guzzling coffee and slowly making my way through their enormous omelets.

Well, they eventually closed up shop there, moved to a shopping center off Roxboro St. in Bragtown, and changed their name to The Silver Spoon. I didn't get there for breakfast, but I made it for lunch one day and THATS when I discovered their Greek salad with chicken! I worked nearby so I'd get there frequently for lunch and I'd order the Greek salad with chicken every time.

They closed up shop there when Walmart left, and moved to their present location just a stone's throw from where they originally started all those years ago. Fortunately, they kept the same menu, and I have been going back whenever I'm in the area for my Greek salad fix.

That is -literally- the only thing on the menu I have ever had!

It is a salad of iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber, black olives, peperoncini peppers, big chunks of feta cheese and tender marinated chunks of chicken. The chicken is wonderful. The salad dressing is absolutely delicious. Pair it with a glass of sweet tea and it is a simple and very tasty lunch.

This isn't a fancy place. The decor could be better, and it's a little worn around the edges, but it's clean. The service has always been friendly and efficient. The price is right.

I'm a fan!

Been to Silver Spoon Restaurant? Share your experiences!