“Just plain Awesome”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Transit: Yes
Description: A Mediterranean Bistro owned & operated by the Papanikas Family since 1994!
Satellite Beach
“Just plain Awesome”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've eaten at Bleu Olive 3times and was impress with everything from walking in to leaving..service, selection, food..everything. This is possibly the best steak I've ever tasted and don't get me started on the fries...OMG! Price for dinner is in the $20 range. Are. You allowed to lick your plate? And I don't normally do dessert but we shared and each time they were fantastic.

Durham, North Carolina
“I'll Be Back!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I had a fabulous lunch with my office staff at Bleu Olive today, and now I can’t wait to go back and try them for dinner!

We arrived shortly after they opened at 11am and were fortunate they could seat us without a reservation. The host mentioned that they get pretty busy at lunch time and sure enough, the dining room steadily filled up. I can understand why they get so busy now that I’ve eaten there.

I shared an order of the grilled octopus as an appetizer and that will be the last time I ever share that appetizer again. In fact, I may order two of them and have it as my meal next time. The grilled octopus was served on a bed of greens, with marinated onions and olive relish, and it was dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette. It was delicious!

I had the lamb kefte (grilled meatballs) for my main course. There were three large oblong meatballs topped with a mix of vegetables, and served with a small greek salad. I cleaned my plate! I would be tempted to have this again sometime but I saw several other things on the menu that looked good.

Almost everyone at the table cleaned their plates -and- had dessert; and that doesn't happen very often with this group (we have an especially picky eater among us).

The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was excellent. I'll definitely return!

Montgomery, MA
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have been at the Bleu Olive for both lunch and dinner. Both times the staff and food have made our visits memorable. The decor is inviting and the menu is varied. Our meals were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. It is obvious that they take pride in providing a delightful experience for their patrons.

Southport, North Carolina, United States
“A wonderful surprise”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were staying at the Courtyard Marriott and had hoped to go to one of the several restaurants friends had recommended but none were open on Monday. The hotel suggested Bleu Olive - just across the street. What a delight. This was one of the best meals we have had in a long time.

The restaurant is in a small strip mall so surroundings aren't exciting. Nice ambience inside the restaurant. The low lighting made it a little difficult for me to read the menu - darker print would have done the trick.

The waiter was extremely cheerful, attentive and competent. After ordering, the waiter brought bread with an olive oil dipping sauce. Bread was crusty-good, and the dipping sauce superb: olive oil heard with roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese, and balsamic vinegar.

My husband and I shared the calamari appetizer. The calamari was lightly breaded and served with a pepper jelly dipping sauce and a lemon and dill dipping sauces. The lemon and dill was my favorite.

I often get Prince Edward Isle (PEI) mussels as my main course if I see them on a menu. I was served a very large portion in a yummy sauce with seafood and chorizo. Oh, so good. It came with bread to sop up the wonderful sauce, but I was too full to enjoy the bread - so my husband took over the bread tasting. He said it was perfection.

My husband had the Duck Confit, one of the specials of the evening. It is usually served on a bed of orzo with yellow wax bean and a quince sauce on top of the duck. My husband requested the chef substitute the mashed root vegetables for the orzo. It was a great dish.

We were just too full to order dessert, but they sounded wonderful.

We loved the waiter's enthusiasm and how proud he was of the restaurant. We thought the prices reasonable, the ambiance nice, and the food excellent. We wish Bleu Olive were closer to our home town as we'd be back again and again.

• Visited November 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Bleu Olive is a fine experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Bleu Olive is a very nice restaurant with excellent service and food, located conveniently in Durham near I-85.

Had dinner here in late October on a business trip. The service was very good, with an attentive waiter helping us.

As you enter, the restaurant is appealing but not overly impressive. It is located in a strip-mall location, so it fits within the expectations of its location, I think. The tables are a bit close together and the mid-week noise level was decent. I think with some more people, the restaurant could get quite noisy, so not sure about a dinner date night experience.

We sat in the bar before being seated, as we were a few minutes early for our reservation. This was OK, but there were open tables ready. We were seated near the entrance, just behind the reception desk. I was not excited about this, but did not complain. The location turned out to be OK.

The waiter suggested various offerings and I chose the Sea Bass. It was excellent, with nice presentation at the perfect temperature. I also had a couple of beers to go with dinner, a local beer which unfortunately I cannot remember its name, but it was a seasonal pumpkin ale and quite nice.

We chose dessert, which I normally don't do because the menu was very enticing. I had the goat cheese and honey cheesecake, and it did not disappoint. Average sized portion, but very creamy and delicious. My colleague had the white chocolate creme brulee, and said it was very nice as well.

Overall, dinner was about $85 for two people, which is slightly expensive for two entrees, two beers, one soup, and two desserts, not including tip. However, the experience and quality were very good, so I would rate the restaurant very well.

• Visited October 2013