“Attitude is everything! Worst Service!”
Review of Orient Garden

Orient Garden
Ranked #367 of 854 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 18, 2011

love the food at this particular restaurant however I miss the customer service that was once provided. There was a guy at one point whom worked there and his customer service was outstanding so polite and courteous always!! : ) But now there is a older chinese lady who has taken his place and her customer service overall is awful but I will not get into that. My last visit to this restaurant was the last thanks to her and her nasty attitude this woman had the nerve to throw my receipt instead of handing it to me after I cheerfully paid for my meal, mind you Orient is pretty pricey. I tell you one thing I will take my hard earned money elsewhere this is not the only restaurant in NC and to be honest I have actually tasted much better!

Date of visit: February 2011

Reviewed December 18, 2009

This was our first time at the Orient Garden and it was EXCELLENT! I don't understand all the negative reviews for this place. Especially the imbeciles who rated it as "worst food ever" and then got their fill from McDonald's. McDonald's is disgusting and if you find yourself fulfilled by its fare, you have horrible taste and worthless opinions on cuisine. Eat your fastfood and spare the world your baseless opinions.
We are huge enthusiasts of Asian cuisine (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Indian, etc.). We've eaten at countless Asian restaurants all over the country and we are not easy to please. For our first visit here, we were definitely impressed by the food. Wonton soup: very good; smooth broth; good garlic flavor; not too salty; wontons could have had more pork in them, but overall, it was above average. Crab Rangoons: EXCELLENT; crab rangoons are most often open-top pastry style with too little stuffing and overly sweet; these were ravioli style and generously stuffed with a very very tasty blend of cream cheese, ricotta, scallion, crab, and pepper; the pastry itself was crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and had a great sweet flavor. Sha Cha Beef: very good; beef was extremely tender; very generous mix of vegetables in the dish, and the veggies were firm, not overcooked and soggy as you see too often; sauce was mild and tasty; wasn't as spicy as we like and maybe could use a little flavor enhancement, but overall the dish was very good. Roast pork lo mein: ok; noodles were a little softer than they should be; green onion was the only veggie; roast pork was about average.
The service was also excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Don't listen to the negative reviews; try it and judge for yourself.