“Was hoping for better...”
Review of Rookies Sports Bar

Rookies Sports Bar
Ranked #160 of 786 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Visited RTP for a week long business trip and stayed at a nearby hotel. I was hoping that I had found a good watering hole that I could walk to, since the RTP area is no known for it's pedestrian avenues. However, I was rather disappointed. No issues with the drinks - beer was cold - not much more you can ask for. My issue was with the food. On my first visit, I tried the quesadilla, which was soggy and lacked flavor. The wings weren't that much better. I gave it a second visit hoping for better, but the sub (they call it a "grinder") was once again lacking flavor - extremely bland. Like I said, I was hoping I had found a local gem that would make me stop driving to the Brier Creek, SouthPoint or Crabtree areas for food, but unfortunately that is just not the case. Good for a cold beer, but not sure if anything else on the menu is worthwhile - maybe their pizzas are decent - just don't know.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

what more could you want ? The staff were very friendly and changed the channel on the TV to find just the game that our group wanted to watch ( UK soccer)

Good selection on the menu - standard burgers etc but also salads

Beer was on special that night $2.5 !!!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great sports atmosphere. Food was good. Drinks were great and not watered down. There are a couple of hotels within walking distance. There is an outdoor seating area- was too cold for us to experience. There are also numerous tv's with sporting events.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had a good time, welcoming environment. Had a pleasant time and drinks were affortable and great customer service.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fun sports atmosphere. Great staff and fun customers too. Reasonable prices, lots of sports on many TV's. Great patio too! Close to many hotels.

1  Thank jgumms