“Worth moving to Durham for”
Review of The Parlour

The Parlour
Ranked #1 of 23 Dessert in Durham
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

The salted butter caramel ice cream is worth moving across the country for. I eat ice cream about once a week. I eat it as much as possible on every vacation. And The Parlour's ice cream is by far the best ice cream I've ever had. No question - it's the best.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Get you some. Vietnamese Chocolate is a close second. However, they'll give you tastes of your indecisiveness until you make your own decision. Truly the best ice cream I've ever experienced.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Second time to this place, and I liked it even more than the first. The salted caramel ice cream was really unique and darn darn tasty. Prices are fine. The flavors, though a bit limited by traditional standards, are a bit trendy, which is kind of cool. The location is convenient enough to both in-town hotels plus also short drive from Duke campus. My only complaint would be the seating inside the restaurant is a little limited, which could be a problem on busy nights during rainy or cold days. Oh yes, I'll be going here again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I loved that there were vegan options here - plus, they tasted great! It also was a cute ice-cream shop in the heart of city center.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Parlour is an independently owned local ice cream shop in downtown Durham, NC that features handmade ice cream in many unique flavors. My favorite sundae is the Drunken Sailor, a concoction of salted caramel ice cream (so good), fudge sauce, chocolate covered pretzels, and an interesting topping of potato chips which were the perfect compliment to the rest of the ingredients. It was AMAZING. Seriously, we ate the entire thing in about three minutes and were sad at it's eventual ending. My husband has also tried the Vietnamese coffee flavor and said it was unlike any other flavor he's ever had. I'm a fan of the rich, creamy, heavy and smooth consistency of the ice cream, this is no Breyers or even Ben and Jerry's. Definitely give this place a try, it is addictive!

Been to The Parlour? Share your experiences!