“Consistently Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have been to Bennett Point Grill many times and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The service is good too. Great seafood. Love their sweet potato fries.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

A couple friends and I dined here on a Friday evening. We had about a 20-30 minute wait, which we expected, nor did we mind. The three of us went out to celebrate one of my friend's birthday, who ordered the shrimp and grits. He said they were delicious! My other friend ordered fried trout and she enjoyed her meal as well. The portions are generous, so my friend who ordered trout had left overs to take home. I had the crab cake sandwich which was very good....one of the best I've eaten! My only complaint is how my sandwich was assembled. I think it would be a better idea to have the crab cake sitting on a few leaves of lettuce to create a moisture barrier so the hamburger bun doesn't get soggy. (NOT a fan of soggy bread!) A couple slices of tomato and onion also come with this delicious sandwich. I also liked the cajun tarter sauce.
I read another review for this restaurant which stated the LCD televisons take away from the atmosphere, which I agree considering how pricey the menu items are.
Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The nice ladies working at the cash register were also very friendly. I would definitely eat here again, however, it would be for another special occasion because of the prices.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I appreciate going to the Bennett Point Grill. Most of the restaurants in the Durham/Chapel Hill area cater to the college crowd, and although this is a far cry from canes, and walkers, it is great to go to an establishment, that is not loud, and filled with the college crowd. I had shrimp and grits tonight, and was thrilled to know that they would do 1/2 portions, at 1/2 of the price. The bread prior to the meal was warm and fresh. I had to make myself stop eating it. I wish this was closer to Chapel Hill. If you have not tried this, you are missing out. Great service!!!, and Great food. Please get the shrimp and grits.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

1-31-14
We ate there 2 times last week while visiting family in the Durham area. This is my favorite place to eat in Durham. The salmon is excellent and I don't think I've ever eaten a bad meal there. Weekends are a little busy and that makes food slow, but it's worth the wait. They have a limited but delicious menu and specials nightly. The servers are all really great and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. Would recommend this to everyone.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

First, and most importantly, the staff and servers at Bennett Point Grill are all very nice and quite attentive. There's nothing lacking about that. The food is the problem. Bread comes to the table while you wait for your entree. The loaf is the tiniest thing, and a bit stale. Don't worry though, they will bring more! I selected the burger, one of the few items that didn't come with some sort of pork product along side or in it. The bun was grocery store quality, cold and a little stale around the edges. The burger was flavorless - completely flavorless! The lettuce was wilted upon arrival, the tomato slice was see through and, again, flavorless. Fettuccine Alfredo had a strange abundance of scallions in and on it. The crab cakes were made with cheese in them...

Not a place to eat, but maybe a nice place for a drink. Lots of local families there.

1  Thank S1traveler