“Good food, perhaps overpriced for overall appeal.”

Bennett Pointe Grill
Ranked #64 of 774 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cedar Grove, North Carolina
“Good food, perhaps overpriced for overall appeal.”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I had the fried oyster's at BPG, and they were in fact some of the best inland fried oysters I have ever had. The menu also has a good variety of other items to choose from, some a step above plain fare. The prices aren't necessarily expensive for the quality and portion size we received in our visit, but neither are they what I would consider a bargain. As a previous reviewer stated, the restaurant has little in way of decor appeal, and as stated it is located in a strip mall outside of the city. Will I visit again? When I have a craving for fried oyster's, yes.

• Visited November 2010

Portland, Oregon
“Do NOT eat here”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

After reading numerous rave reviews about this place, my husband and I decided to try it. We were fairly new to the area and looking for neighborhood restaurants. What a huge disappointment! No atmosphere at all - think strip shopping mall. Lots of noisy kids, terrible food. We only ate a few bites. I don't know what people see in this place.

• Visited July 2010
Charleston, South Carolina
“Avoid the noisy Bar”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

2nd time dining, 1/2 the tables were occupied. They wanted to sit us at the bar... but the noise was way too loud... happened to be during March Madness and the BB games were blaring on the TVs. Asked to be re-seated and they did accommodate... wound up in the very quite, geriatric section. Food was again OK... average... my Salmon (Grilled with a black bean and corn chutney) tasted good, but it did small "fishy" Service was nice and our waitress (Toni) was on top of it. But should have ordered their signature dish... Shrimp & Grits.

• Visited March 2011
“Nice place to eat and a very good bar.”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Nice place to eat and a very good bar.