“Excellent Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Spartacus Restaurant - CLOSED

Spartacus Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheraw, SC
“Excellent Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Our waitress was fabulous, very friendly and helpful. Truly excellent service. Just wish the food had matched :( It was ok, but unfortunately not fabulous. We had a Greek salad starter, which was a bit on the oily and bitter side, with pita bread with a feta cheese and celery dip that was a bit bitter and heavy on the celery flavor.

We both got the Gyro platter with fries. The Gyro was good, and would have been very good if there had been more of the sauce, and more bite-sized onions. The onions were really too big to bite easily, and the Gyro was so slim on sauce that it was a bit dry. The potential for excellence was there, but unmet sadly.

The restaurant has easy handicapped access with plenty of parking. It is a bit dark if you have issues with dim light, but they do put a candle on the table, and you could probably ask for more candles if needed.

We probably will not try this one again. The prices are a bit high - most regular entrees were close to $20/person, and the food simply wasn't good enough for me to want to pay that kind of price.

They had lovely white flowers on the table, and a candle, but the tablecloth was covered in white paper... so that was a bit odd too on the atmosphere end.... As if there was an unsuccessful attempt to create an elegant atmosphere...

• Visited May 2014

Durham, North Carolina
“What has happened to Spartacus?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Last night my husband and I, along with another couple, went to Spartacus for dinner. It wasn't just any dinner event; two of us (husband and wife of couple) were celebrating birthdays. Of course, we went to the Spartacus website and downloaded the birthday coupon. Each couple planned to buy a dinner and get one free; two checks . . . you get the picture. However, after dinner when we presented the coupons, we were told that the policy at Spartacus is only one coupon per table. Nowhere on the coupon was this written as a disclaimer. If you go to the website, you'll see that the online coupon has no such wording. Disappointing.

How was our food? The meals (I got the gyro platter with lamb and beef) were mediocre, making me wonder what happened to the much better food I have had at this restaurant in the past. The gyro tasted old, like it had been sitting in a warmer for a few hours, not fresh. My husband said his mixed platter was not fresh either. But the real sad part about the evening were the pieces of baklava. True, they were free for the birthday two in our group, but they were stale, tough (think cement), and inedible.

I think this restaurant needs to be rescued by one of the restaurant-rescue reality TV shows.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank AJWISLER
Huntersville
“Very nice and Romantic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I visited Raleigh/Durham area on December 21,2013. I purchase my dinning plan from Groupon website at a reasonable price. I did not think much about this restaurant at first because we were visiting the area for the weekend, but my feelings changed drastically after dinning there on a date with my wife. I was quite impressed. The restaurant was clean, better arranged, nice and cozy. It is equipped with nice sitting arrangements and booth sections. The hostess and waitress were very nice and friendly which was a good start. The food was hot and tasty. They have variety of dish menu ranging from Greek, Italian and American dishes. The atmosphere, reception and services convinced us to visit the restaurant again when next I visit the area.

• Visited December 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Greek Food & Reseasonable Pricing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Place is easy to find, parking is good, they take reservations, and the service is great. Atmosphere is primarily for families but is good for a quite dinner too. We were greeted and seated promptly, drink orders taken, and we soon had Flaming Saganaki “Opa!” which is scary good! I think we've had most things on their menu and not been disappointed. Enjoy!

Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Ok but Not Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went to this restaurant with a group of about a dozen people. The service was really good, especially since we were a larger party. However, the food was nothing to write home about. Several of the meals were cold, the food was bland and dry. About the only good thing about the food was there were a couple vegetarian items on the menu and one vegan item and since we had 2 vegetarians in our group they could find something to order. The vegan combination was an odd mix of things you wouldn't normally put together and it included a salad with cheese on it. There has to be a better restaurant somewhere in the area and we'll find it next time.

• Visited October 2013