“pass on the buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Spartacus Restaurant - CLOSED

Spartacus Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minden, NV
“pass on the buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Have eaten here 3 times over the past 2 years. The first two times I ordered from the menu and was pleased. Price, presentation and taste were all good. Last Tuesday I tried the buffet for lunch and was disappointed. Although I was there at 11:45 am, the pita was cold and the gyro burnt at the edges. Staff was very nice, but I sure wish I had ordered off the menu.

raleigh
“authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food is very tasty, the atmosphere is abit cafeteria feeling and a bit cheesy. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. it is worth the trip to have awesome authentic greek food. You'll leave feeling good.

Visited May 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Great Greek experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've know these folks a long time, very pleasant and know their stuff. The buffet is the way to go, unless you are dieting then get avgolemena (sp.?) soup and a small salad. I love the lamb, the pasta, the large variety on the salad bar. Their purely greek food is up to snuff, best spanikapita ever.
The thing that tickles me is that the entrees and sandwitches are so close in price to the buffet, that it really doesn't make sense to do anything else, since lots of stuff is on the buffet. I'm sorry someone else had a bad phone experience, but it's been my experience that lots of places don't do great phone but are terrific when you go there. Don't know why, but do try this greek run treasure. Bob Ross

Durham, North Carolina
“Ask Me About My Salad ... Go Ahead. Ask Me.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is another one of those places I go to and have the same thing every single time I go there. Every single time I tell myself I am going to broaden my horizons and try something different from the menu and every single time I revert back to default and order what I crave and what prompted me to go there in the first place.

O_o

So sue me.

I love their Greek salad with grilled chicken. I love it. There. I said it.

It is a large salad. There are olives, peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, tender marinated chicken ... and the most wonderful dressing served on the side in a tiny metal container that I have so far resisted cleaning out with my tongue.

I'd also like to note that I've been there 3 or 4 times over the last year and been seated at the same booth and had the same server every time. Coincidence? Fate? You decide.

Anyway. I am boldly coming out of the closet and declaring my love of their grilled chicken Greek salad. Deal with it.

North Carolina
“Great food and a warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spartacus combines some really fine food with the convenience of a lunch buffet on weekdays and a more extensive buffet on Sundays. The price is modest, making this an all around great value. The service is always friendly and attentive and there is easy access and parking. What more can you ask for?