“Great Greek experience”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've know these folks a long time, very pleasant and know their stuff. The buffet is the way to go, unless you are dieting then get avgolemena (sp.?) soup and a small salad. I love the lamb, the pasta, the large variety on the salad bar. Their purely greek food is up to snuff, best spanikapita ever.
The thing that tickles me is that the entrees and sandwitches are so close in price to the buffet, that it really doesn't make sense to do anything else, since lots of stuff is on the buffet. I'm sorry someone else had a bad phone experience, but it's been my experience that lots of places don't do great phone but are terrific when you go there. Don't know why, but do try this greek run treasure. Bob Ross

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is another one of those places I go to and have the same thing every single time I go there. Every single time I tell myself I am going to broaden my horizons and try something different from the menu and every single time I revert back to default and order what I crave and what prompted me to go there in the first place.

O_o

So sue me.

I love their Greek salad with grilled chicken. I love it. There. I said it.

It is a large salad. There are olives, peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, tender marinated chicken ... and the most wonderful dressing served on the side in a tiny metal container that I have so far resisted cleaning out with my tongue.

I'd also like to note that I've been there 3 or 4 times over the last year and been seated at the same booth and had the same server every time. Coincidence? Fate? You decide.

Anyway. I am boldly coming out of the closet and declaring my love of their grilled chicken Greek salad. Deal with it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spartacus combines some really fine food with the convenience of a lunch buffet on weekdays and a more extensive buffet on Sundays. The price is modest, making this an all around great value. The service is always friendly and attentive and there is easy access and parking. What more can you ask for?

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Whoever answered the phone had no interest in answering our questions and even hung up on us...twice! I have never been treated with such a lack of courtesy and professionalism by any host or hostess. After my colleague was hung up on, I decided to call back and was met with the same nasty tone and curtness. Then, I too was hung up on. When I called back to speak with a manager, I was told I was "harassing her" for calling back. I told her I would hold for a manager, and that's when I was told that she was the manager (which was very suspicious since I doubt a manager that treats his/her customers like this would still be in business). When I asked for the names of the owners, she refused to give me their names, saying she didn't know what my problem was. It was so absurd and over-the-top that I actually tried to set my phone to record the conversation. When I asked her to repeat herself so that I could document some of her ridiculously rude comments (because I didn't think anyone would believe this was actually happening), she refused to speak. It left us shaking our heads in complete shock.

Despite our craving some delicious Greek food, this put a really bad taste in our mouths (pun intended). My colleague and I were so appalled at how we were treated over the phone that we couldn't bring ourselves to even entertain the idea of dining here.

To be fair to other staff members and most likely the real manager(s) and or owner(s), we've dined here before and the food has been excellent. Last month we had a very kind and personable waiter. However, this egregious lack of professionalism and civility was too much for us and we didn't want to risk having an equally horrific dine-in experience. I guess if you want good Greek food, but you don't care how you're greeted as a customer, you should dine here.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Found a coupon buy one/get one half off lunch buffet a few days ago, so we tried them out. We were impressed at the quality. The lunch crowd was solid here, a good indication in my opinion. The buffet could have a few more options, but what they do have is plenty to satisfy! There is plenty of seating and not all packed together. I felt we had plenty of personal space here. We would definitely come back!